Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2006, 07:55 AM   #1

just bought a boxster

Hey, I have been searching for a general porsche forum and couldn't find one, so I searched for a boxster forum and what do you know...how about the irony...

I just bought a 2006 new boxster yesterday. Black with full tan leather interior. I love it. I already have 120 miles on it.

Anyways I joined cause I have a couple questions and I want to learn from other boxster owners. This is my first porsche but I don't think it will be my last. I'm used to BMWs.

PS: I'm not just gonna ask my questions and leave

Question#1: The dealer says you need 800 break-in miles and during that time you can't go over 4-5k rpm or go over 75mph. This seems like a small amt of miles, does anyone have any personal insight to what would be a good break-in period? All my other cars were 1200 miles at least.

Question#2, might as well ask: I am having a hard time finding aftermarket parts for porsches and boxsters in particular. Does anyone know any good sites or places with a good variety of porsche things?

Thanks, Mike

Last edited by Bavarian Motorist; 11-29-2006 at 07:58 AM.
Bavarian Motorist is offline   Reply With Quote