Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2023, 08:07 AM   #21

If the car runs with the relay jumpered then I doubt that its the fuel pump. I would measure voltages at the fuel relay and make sure the relay is getting what it needs in the way of voltage or ground. I believe there is a voltage that the computer sends to the relay to tell it to engage...and its not 12V...I recall its around 8V or so...although its been a while. As I recall the pump will make a noise to build pressure when you turn the key to the on position without starting it. Try removing the gas cap to relieve the pressure then after replacing the cap and turning the key and listen for the pump priming...if you hear that then I believe the relay voltages are ok...YMMV. Good luck with it

jarjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 11:24 AM   #22

did look at the fuel pump relay

The relay tested good with a 9 volt battery.. The smallest pin is the one from the DME. It did test correctly in that it had 3.5 volts from the DME that dropped to zero when the ignition key was turned to the start position. The trouble shooting goes on.
Luckyman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 09:56 AM   #23

Are the volts needed to operate the relay present at the panel the relay plugs into?

Did you try removing the fuel cap to release the pressure. ( put it back on )..then try to hear if the fuel pump operates when you turn the key?
jarjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 03:27 PM   #24

Nevermind

There were correct readings at the the block, replaced fuel pump and filter
Luckyman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 09:43 PM   #25

Nice! I was going to recommend the fuel filter. I’m getting ready to replace mine.

"Sixty percent of the time, it works every time!"
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote