Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2023, 05:32 PM   #1

persistent codes P1128 P1130 help ..

so I have been getting these codes off and on after messing a while back with intake and throttle hoses .

I just replaced a starter , cold air intake system by BB performance , new maf sensor OEM
sepertine belt - car runs so much better however still getting these PIA codes

even did a smoke test few weeks ago before I did that work .

question : how can I isolate the issue more precisely ?

should I get the DURAMETRIC CABLE to be able to monitor what is going with fuel trims , o2 sensors , throttle body and son on ????

will that get me closer to what is going ??

jaimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 11:29 AM   #2

2000 2.7L
Did you try replacing the O2 sensors? That's what those codes mean. I had those particular codes come back persistently until I replaced the AOS, as well as coil packs and plugs. The car would be undriveable with those codes but as soon as they were cleared it's back to mostly normal.
Alpsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 11:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimster View Post
so I have been getting these codes off and on after messing a while back with intake and throttle hoses .

I just replaced a starter , cold air intake system by BB performance , new maf sensor OEM
sepertine belt - car runs so much better however still getting these PIA codes

even did a smoke test few weeks ago before I did that work .

question : how can I isolate the issue more precisely ?

should I get the DURAMETRIC CABLE to be able to monitor what is going with fuel trims , o2 sensors , throttle body and son on ????

will that get me closer to what is going ??
Both codes indicate that your intake charge is so rich that the DME cannot adjust for it.

Possible causes:
  • Incorrrect MAF siganl
  • Fuel pressure too high
  • Leaking injectors
  • EVAP canister purge valve stuck open
Old 08-24-2023, 01:57 AM   #4

You started another thread asking about fuel pressures.
Your pressures seem fine.
For my ROW 2.5 the vacuum line from fuel pressure regulator goes straight to driver side intake manifold.

You mentioned BB Performance intake which I couldn't find. Could you post a link to it.
Did the problem perhaps start right after you installed it?

I do not believe durametric will help you in any meaningful way compared to generic OBD2 adapter.

I might be wrong but your ltft's are that negative and I assume your Fuel pressure doesn't drop when engine is off.
My guess would be it's MAF related.

What does your MAF read idling with AC on and off?
Makrilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 04:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makrilli View Post
You started another thread asking about fuel pressures.
Your pressures seem fine.
For my ROW 2.5 the vacuum line from fuel pressure regulator goes straight to driver side intake manifold.

You mentioned BB Performance intake which I couldn't find. Could you post a link to it.
Did the problem perhaps start right after you installed it?

I do not believe durametric will help you in any meaningful way compared to generic OBD2 adapter.

I might be wrong but your ltft's are that negative and I assume your Fuel pressure doesn't drop when engine is off.
My guess would be it's MAF related.

What does your MAF read idling with AC on and off?

fuel pressure stops at 48 psi how do you check the fuel pressure regulator and vacuum diagram any idea ?

to be honest car seems to idle and run pretty good for the most part and Think I was dealing with

OXYGEN SENSING CODES BEFORE AND I DID NOT checked LTFT previous to the new air

intake from BB performance I also got a chip module from them ( big mistake on the module

BEWARE ) car would NOT even start after wiring this module to the CTS according to

instructions , removed it sent back to them from globalautoshop.com
waiting for my refund ..

also I did replaced the upstream 02 sensors and I got a new MAF sensor exactly same numbers as the OEM bosch one , NEW STARTER TOO

I will check the MAF reading with a/c on and off I m using ICARSOFT POR 3 to get the date
Old 09-12-2023, 08:37 PM   #6

Vacuum leak? I had these two codes off and on forever... dug into an AOS replacement recently and found one of the brittle hard plastic vacuum lines to the changeover valve completely broke off and just laying there. It's hard to see because it's sorta underneath the passenger side intake manifold.

Worth looking at all your vacuum hoses, and the evap canister as well.
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 12:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateofidleness View Post
Vacuum leak? I had these two codes off and on forever... dug into an AOS replacement recently and found one of the brittle hard plastic vacuum lines to the changeover valve completely broke off and just laying there. It's hard to see because it's sorta underneath the passenger side intake manifold.

Worth looking at all your vacuum hoses, and the evap canister as well.
thanks stateofidle..

actually I m trying to find the issue STILLL ....WTF !! I have replaced all small vacuum hoses under drivers intake

new hoses , vacuum reservoir , change over valve . check valve .. new intake gaskets on that side

new oil fill tube , repair oil dipstick tube - done several smoke tests last one seem GOOD

THIS MORNING DRIVING BACK AND FORTH now same two codes came back
OXYGEN SENSING ...

I think need to look passenger intake underneath for problems or new FPR

my fuel trim nunbers STFT 0.1 to 5.7 LTFT - 10.4 both banks bank 2 always a bit higher...