Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2023, 08:00 AM   #1

Amber litronics?

I know Porsche didn't make them but what do you guys think? Just wanted opinions before I decide to make a set of "factory" Xenon's.
Quick example:

Last edited by JBauer; 07-05-2023 at 08:36 AM.
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 08:29 AM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
I haven't got to making mine yet, but I think the amber looks better than the clear on some cars. I do have a set of Fred's lights that I sometimes use in my white car and like the splash of color they add.
Old 07-05-2023, 08:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
I haven't got to making mine yet, but I think the amber looks better than the clear on some cars. I do have a set of Fred's lights that I sometimes use in my white car and like the splash of color they add.
Looks great! Seems like a lot of people are going back to ambers lately.
Old 07-06-2023, 11:20 AM   #4

Garage
I think they look great but I do still prefer the clear, I too have a set of Fred's projectors although the Angel Eyes no longer work.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 03:43 PM   #5

I think it looks OK on the white Boxster. Having a small amount of contrasting color can help white stand out.

I never understood the animosity directed towards the "fried egg" headlights. However, I must confess that after I installed the litronics on my car, I went on a crusade and de-ambered the entire vehicle. http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/55759-de-changed-some-interior-items.html

I may have been motivated by a desire for change. If the Boxster had debuted with clear lights and the ambers were added at the time of the facelift, some owners may have updated to amber lights for the sake of novelty.

I think you should choose what pleases you. I liked how the clear lights looked on my silver car, but your taste may be different.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 05:50 PM   #6

I was curious and made a set today. I think they look pretty good with the amber.

Old 07-08-2023, 12:48 PM   #7
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Personally, I prefer amber. IMO most colors look better with amber, but sadly there is no aftermarket amber LED stuff, not even amber xenons.
Old 07-08-2023, 01:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAN View Post
Personally, I prefer amber. IMO most colors look better with amber, but sadly there is no aftermarket amber LED stuff, not even amber xenons.
I ended up making the amber xenons in this post. They look pretty cool. You can make your own LEDs fairly easily if you wanted to convert yours. They make kits.