Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2022, 10:44 PM   #1

Sqeak from clutch pedal and forward gears - how to address?

Hello,

While doing clutch I'd love to address both of these if possible. The clutch pedal I've heard lithium grease on the pedal spring or replace altogether - that's all done pedal side, yes? What about for squeaking on third gear?

Thanks,

chromecarz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 05:03 PM   #2

Yes, there is a spring assembly by the pivot point for the clutch pedal. I tried lithium grease and it didn't work so I ordered a new assembly. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you have a noise from forward gears/3rd gear - do you mean the shifter is squeaking? If original, nearly all of the shifter parts are plastic...
Old 11-21-2022, 11:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elav View Post
Yes, there is a spring assembly by the pivot point for the clutch pedal. I tried lithium grease and it didn't work so I ordered a new assembly. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you have a noise from forward gears/3rd gear - do you mean the shifter is squeaking? If original, nearly all of the shifter parts are plastic...
You know I was pressing the pedal today with the car off and there's no squeak anymore. I wonder if something in the pressure plate was off. I'm going to leave the clutch spring for now and address post clutch - I am assuming that the spring is completely seperate.

Yes, regarding the shifter it's squeaking in forward gears and after pulling back the shifter boot it's all pretty dirty, grimy and has a half inch of slop. I'm guessing it's time for a shifter replacement soon and hopefully that will address. Is there any procedure to grease the lines or anything like that I should be doing on the clutch sidE?

chromecarz00 is offline   Reply With Quote