Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2020, 06:35 PM   #1

986 seats. AKA I need more room!

I have an '02 Boxster S. I wear pants with a 36" inseam. I need leg room! What have you guys used for seats with a thinner back, that didn't break the bank? They do not need to be adjustable as I just leave them all the way back anyway.

outsidetheboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 08:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsidetheboxster View Post
I have an '02 Boxster S. I wear pants with a 36" inseam. I need leg room! What have you guys used for seats with a thinner back, that didn't break the bank? They do not need to be adjustable as I just leave them all the way back anyway.
I am 6'2", 34" inseam, 36" waist, 240#, and I ran a Recaro Profi XL seat floor mounted all the way back, floor mounted (no slider) on Brey Krause 9044 mount with integrated sub bar. If you aren't tracking you could replace the 9044 mount with a 9042 [Edit: actually call them to see as I'm not sure the holes line up the same, I only know the 9044 works as that's what I have) if you didn't need the sub bar.

The seat is pretty comfortable, and plenty of leg room and headroom. If you are ever down in North FL or near any of the tracks I visit, you are invited to come sit in it (they are now in my Cayman but the fit is very similar.) [Edit: now I see you are in WA so not likely ) But I bet there is someone there that has this configuration, I know several folks down here that run it, it is a popular config]

Last edited by steved0x; 08-20-2020 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Typo, 34" inseam
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 08:38 AM   #3
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
I am 6'2", 24" inseam, 36" waist, 240#, and I ran a Recaro Profi XL seat floor mounted all the way back, floor mounted (no slider) on Brey Krause 9044 mount with integrated sub bar. If you aren't tracking you could replace the 9044 mount with a 9042 if you didn't need the sub bar.

The seat is pretty comfortable, and plenty of leg room and headroom. If you are ever down in North FL or near any of the tracks I visit, you are invited to come sit in it (they are now in my Cayman but the fit is very similar.)
Wait..... 6'2" with a 24" inseam? Dood..... you're like, all trunk!?!?
I'm sorry.... how do you reach the pedals?

I'm usually the guy who people say is "all trunk", and I'm only 5'9 with a 28" inseam.

Pictures are necessary here, steve! ;-)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 07:18 PM   #4

Probably why he lives in Florida retired from the circus. All the retired carny folk's move down there. Or could it be a typo?
MrBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:44 PM   #5
Racer Boy

I bet that’s a typo!

I used to work with a guy who was 6’ 7”, but he had a 32” inseam! He had a very difficult time finding shirts that fit, and could mostly only drive pickup trucks because they had lots of headroom.
Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:38 AM   #6
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBen View Post
Probably why he lives in Florida retired from the circus. All the retired carny folk's move down there. Or could it be a typo?
ROFLMAO Stop it! My sides are aching.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:55 AM   #7
Who's askin'?

YES, I suspect it's also a typo, that's why I poked the way I did. If I thought there was a CHANCE that Steve was actually built like that, I;d have NEVER poked at him that way.

BUT; I think somebody else is gonna have to tag him..... since so many of you have me on your "ignore" lists. ::eye-roll::
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 01:31 PM   #8

Quote:
I am 6'2", 24" inseam, 36" waist, 240#, and I ran a Recaro Profi XL seat floor mounted all the way back, floor mounted (no slider) on Brey Krause 9044 mount with integrated sub bar. If you aren't tracking you could replace the 9044 mount with a 9042 [Edit: actually call them to see as I'm not sure the holes line up the same, I only know the 9044 works as that's what I have) if you didn't need the sub bar.

The seat is pretty comfortable, and plenty of leg room and headroom. If you are ever down in North FL or near any of the tracks I visit, you are invited to come sit in it (they are now in my Cayman but the fit is very similar.) [Edit: now I see you are in WA so not likely ) But I bet there is someone there that has this configuration, I know several folks down here that run it, it is a popular config]
Steve. Appreciate your information on the set up. I do actually get to Florida once in a while to leave via Miami. Really too far to travel just to try out a seat but I appreciate the offer!

Recently figured out that mine have power adjustable back angles, at least the passenger side does at this time. I may be able to get by if I can figure out how to fix the drivers side and get it to adjust at least one last time.....

Thanks again!
outsidetheboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 03:53 PM   #9

Not seat related but the center console delete opens up a bit of leg room width wise.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:23 PM   #10

Whoops, typo, 34" inseam

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Wait..... 6'2" with a 24" inseam? Dood..... you're like, all trunk!?!?
I'm sorry.... how do you reach the pedals?

I'm usually the guy who people say is "all trunk", and I'm only 5'9 with a 28" inseam.

Pictures are necessary here, steve! ;-)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 06:09 AM   #11
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Whoops, typo, 34" inseam
So you aren’t a retired circus side show performer as MrBen suggested.

paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote