Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2020, 07:37 AM   #1

Garage
PCCM plus

Just saw the availability of the PCCM plus for the 986. Anyone seen this in person or have it installed yet? Rick

Rickvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 06:38 AM   #2
A Porsche Guy

Rick, here's the Part 3 video showcasing the PCCM from Narc TV. He's very thorough. There are several parts to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8sht--3VEg
1PorscheBoxster986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 07:50 PM   #3

Garage
Thank you very informative. Rick
Old 10-07-2020, 12:07 PM   #4

Garage
I just got my car back from the PCCM+ install. The system works great, Apple Car play + Siri works as expected, and audio sounds good. the one issue the installer will be fixing is that they left the CD holder in the center console (which is weird since the PCCM+ does not have a CD player), but they are fixing this at no charge so this is good.
The question I have for the group is on the orientation of the equipment in the center console. I remember seeing an installation video when I was thinking about getting the PCCM+ where the orientation was PCCM+, HVAC controls, Lower cubby. But all the current videos I see are PCCM+, Cubby, HVAC. Is there any reason why the orientation cannot be PCCM+, HVAC, Cubby? Will the HVAC controls only fit in the 4th (Bottom) position and not the 3rd? it seems that the hvac controls will be challenging to operate if it is at the Bottom - but perhaps that is the price of progress?
Thanks - Rick
Old 10-21-2020, 04:01 AM   #5

Garage
Install

Photo of the PCCM+ after installation in my 04 Boxster S.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:06 PM   #6

Does it have WIRELESS carplay, or just hardwired?
beater986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:11 PM   #7
Geoff

Hey Rick--I'm in the process of installing mine right now, and I agree, it would be nice to have those two spaces reversed, but apparently that's not possible because of the way that the console is constructed. I don't know if you follow Piston Kirk on YouTube, but he explains it in the following video:

https://youtu.be/J38MVG0MASw?t=149

he's got a lot of great modification videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickvd View Post
I just got my car back from the PCCM+ install. The system works great, Apple Car play + Siri works as expected, and audio sounds good. the one issue the installer will be fixing is that they left the CD holder in the center console (which is weird since the PCCM+ does not have a CD player), but they are fixing this at no charge so this is good.
The question I have for the group is on the orientation of the equipment in the center console. I remember seeing an installation video when I was thinking about getting the PCCM+ where the orientation was PCCM+, HVAC controls, Lower cubby. But all the current videos I see are PCCM+, Cubby, HVAC. Is there any reason why the orientation cannot be PCCM+, HVAC, Cubby? Will the HVAC controls only fit in the 4th (Bottom) position and not the 3rd? it seems that the hvac controls will be challenging to operate if it is at the Bottom - but perhaps that is the price of progress?
Thanks - Rick

Deibel is offline   Reply With Quote