Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2019, 02:56 AM   #1

Durametric Enthuastic version

Hello guys!

I have a Foxwell tester from China with Porsche software installed, but of course it comes with some disadvantages. But for the price I am not disappointed.
But it cannot clear alarm codes, so I'm looking into Durametric.

Can this program clear alarm codes?
Can it activated actuators? I have a problem with the door lock microswitches and would like to know which side it is, before I switch it out

Best regards
Kim

Old 11-16-2019, 05:17 AM   #2
Need For Speed

Garage
Clear alarms code? Do you mean clearing fault codes? Yes, the Durametric will clear fault codes.

You can use the Durametric to manually test some items, but I don't recall seeing a spot to test door actuators. You can run a system test on your car and it will lock and unlock the doors during this test. I've never had an issue with my doors, so I don't know if during the system test if it would pull a fault code for an issue with a door.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:23 AM   #3

Yes fault codes in the alarm menu.
My tester can also clear fault codes, just not in the alarm menu.

So I don't want to spend 300 dollars on an item that can't clear them in that menu
Old 11-16-2019, 07:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMikkelsen View Post
Hello guys!

I have a Foxwell tester from China with Porsche software installed, but of course it comes with some disadvantages. But for the price I am not disappointed.
But it cannot clear alarm codes, so I'm looking into Durametric.

Can this program clear alarm codes?
Can it activated actuators? I have a problem with the door lock microswitches and would like to know which side it is, before I switch it out

Best regards
Kim
The only thing that will clear alarm faults is fixing the fault, the system will take it from there.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:00 AM   #5

Well, I got a fault code because my battery went dead when the alarm system was active.
So it got on because of low voltage. Battery was charged and no problems, but the error codes is still there.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMikkelsen View Post
Well, I got a fault code because my battery went dead when the alarm system was active.
So it got on because of low voltage. Battery was charged and no problems, but the error codes is still there.
The system is designed to retain the last ten alarm system faults. Over time, the system will log other faults and that one will cascade off the list. It is the way the system works.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:32 PM   #7

Ahh, I have read something like that before. It's just weird that you can't delete them. I have never had any error code in that module before, but now I have like 4-6.