Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2006, 03:24 PM   #21

no involuntary commitments necessary

Technically the car is my wife's anniversary present. Vanity plates in her name. I looked at Alfa Romeos, Mustangs 06, Vettes, and they were either too small, impractical or too expensive. Looked into the Porsche, my childhood dream car cooincidentally, and realized it was affordable. My wife being German and from Stuttgart was a plus. (her family and friends think I'm the goods).

Several steps in looking at the car in the garage. Drink beer and finish it. Get cigar and go to garage with new beer. Back out other 4x4. Drink beer, smoke and admire POrsche. Nothing else in the world like it.

jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:52 PM   #22

you are normal.....dude, I look at it all the time and think damn, and just as I forget or get accustomed to how damn it is....someone reminds me....hell I was at a funeral this weekend and at least 4 different people actually came up to me to compliment my car as dirty as she was.....I stare at her....clean her....feel great pride when I'm driving her....

the funny thing is I was out with a friend in Naperville (the town has it share of porsches) and drove past the mall....the kids walking to the movies all were turned around pointing at her, not to mention drivers that sneak peaks when they think you aren't noticing...

its the greatest....
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:53 PM   #23

Cinnimon Brown Interior PIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
LOL one of these days....

Cinamon Brown? please post pics I was looking at an '01 996 TT in that color for a steal last year but it got away from me (too busy posting on 986forum.com )
Here they are:
Cinnimon Brown Interior
[IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...terPix3001.jpgIMG]

Last edited by bnorman; 09-21-2006 at 08:04 AM.
bnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:54 PM   #24

funny thing nickcats is that I remembeed the prvious post regarding this subject and thought I was reading a repeat
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorman
Here they are:

Bnorman, are cinnamon seats a factory option? They look much sweeter than beige.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsquire
Bnorman, are cinnamon seats a factory option? They look much sweeter than beige.

A guy in my neighborhood has a Merridian and Cinnamon C2 Cab. It's a stunning a sophisticated combination. If you described it to me, I probably wouldn't be interested, but seeing it in person...WOW!
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:47 AM   #27

Face it folks, these are beautiful, great performing cars that get attention. I do not mean to be big headed but it is a simple fact. On a number of occasions over the past two years I have received comments and noticed people staring at my Bosxter S. In fact on several occasions lady friends riding with me have noticed the reactions of others and commented (I think they enjoyed the attention).

Also, being a Porsche, have any of you ever noticed how people will speed up as you are passing them or try to drag you away from a stop light. I believe we are magnets for "ricers", all the time they are buzzing up wanting to play (as if they could).

Its simple, for an open two seater it cannot be beat.

john
'02 Boxster S
Lapis/Grey/Grey

Last edited by jdmidyette; 09-22-2006 at 11:11 AM.
jdmidyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:35 AM   #28

Cinnimon Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsquire

I bought the car from a friend and former neighbor. He told me it was a special order and took 7 months to get the car from the factory. I have yet to see another Boxster with the same color interior. He also had the roll bar painted to match.

I really haven't done much to the car (and don't feel the need to) except buy a hard top and a lot of detailing supplies.
Cinnimon Brown Interior
[IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...terPix3001.jpgIMG]
bnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:47 AM   #29

In real life this car looks awesome

bnorman: I would admit when I first saw the pictures of the interior of the car I thought it was a bit ugly.....until this weekend. My freind called me up Sunday and wanted me to look at a 2000S that a freind of his was selling, it just happened to be the same color scheme as yours....very nice, in fact this is now my favorite...
IowaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:30 PM   #30

almost forgot

Next time you go to the garage you'll need either one of these:
Old 09-25-2006, 09:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzi
It wears off after a while.
Ultimately, it's just a car.

Just like there is a pecking order in the overall sports car world, there is a pecking order within the Porsche world ... and in terms of currently available models, the Boxster is at the bottom of it. So there's no reason to feel TOO impressed with yourself for owning one.

Feel better now?
So true, you can even break it down further as to say there is a "pecking order" not only in the Porsche brand but in the boxster lineup as well. 2.5's bring up the rear,then the 2.7's and 3.2's and now the new 3.4's being the big swinging dicks on the block in boxsterdom.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:30 AM   #32

That pecking order stuff is all your in head. All these 200 HP ''neighbohrhood" engines really are all tiny. And the non-gt2/gt3/gt4 911's aren't all that big for their price tags either. More weight requires more power and each pcar has its purpose. GT3 for track, SUV to haul **************** you don't need, Boxster for a roadster experience, C4 for the cold weather and those who like understeer, and CarreraGT for guys who have to have exotics they can't keep from spinning.
Allot of bull**************** goes into the Porsche mystique. They are all different animals. A giraffe is no more a safari animal than a zebra. There are no lesser porsches, a 2.5 has less power but its not as fat as the later 986's. I'd rather take a drive a nice restored 914 with a lawnmower engine than a 997 any day.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:09 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
So true, you can even break it down further as to say there is a "pecking order" not only in the Porsche brand but in the boxster lineup as well. 2.5's bring up the rear,then the 2.7's and 3.2's and now the new 3.4's being the big swinging dicks on the block in boxsterdom.
Hey now !

As a 2.5 owner, I'm a little offended

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats
Hey now !

As a 2.5 owner, I'm a little offended