Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2018, 04:48 PM   #1

Serius hookup for 02 Boxster S with Bose system

My CD changer is singing with the choir invisible, which is OK. It did well for 16 years. Now there are more modern ways to go, so I ain't replacing the changer. I depended on it so I could avoid AM/FM radio which (in Southern California) has a paucity of good rock stations, and NPR - which I love, but I've just gotta take a break from politics to preserve what's left of my sanity.

Is there an inexpensive way to modify my current system so I can enjoy Serius, or a Bluetooth connection for my iPhone? I plan to sell the car in a year or two, and don't want to invest more than I have to. The current system is the CR220, which works (although the right knob would go from 1 to 8 to 2 to 12 when I tried to fast forward a CD).

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-22-2018, 06:45 PM   #2

Look for iSimple Transit Blu on Amazon or ebay. Easy hook up, cheap and works great with ANY car radio.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:19 AM   #3

Don't remember who makes it, but I bought an adapter that replaces the connector to the frunk CD changer. Remove your radio, unplug the factory connector, plug in the new connector, and voila you will have a connection for your satellite radio AND your iWhatever. I also modified the CD holder cubby to make a mount for the Sirius radio. Good luck!
2008 Cayenne S (sold)
1989 Targa (sold)
morgal48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgal48 View Post
Don't remember who makes it, but I bought an adapter that replaces the connector to the frunk CD changer. Remove your radio, unplug the factory connector, plug in the new connector, and voila you will have a connection for your satellite radio AND your iWhatever. I also modified the CD holder cubby to make a mount for the Sirius radio. Good luck!
Sounds great! If you think of the name, please let me know.

In trying to fix the CD changer, I tried taking the thing out so I could disconnect and reconnect the power, but I could only find two of the bolts keeping it mounted. No clue where the others are, but I couldn't get the thing out. It's mounted in the front trunk, attached to the firewall. Anyone know where the other bolts are?
Old 04-23-2018, 07:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogans7 View Post

In trying to fix the CD changer, I tried taking the thing out so I could disconnect and reconnect the power, but I could only find two of the bolts keeping it mounted. No clue where the others are, but I couldn't get the thing out. It's mounted in the front trunk, attached to the firewall. Anyone know where the other bolts are?
Two bolts at the top, easily removed.

A pair of pinch one-way "sliders" at the bottom, which you will likely destroy via man-handling them as you wrestle it out.

If you'd like to sell me just the 6-disc magazine alone once out, let me know.

Dave80GTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave80GTSi View Post
Two bolts at the top, easily removed.

A pair of pinch one-way "sliders" at the bottom, which you will likely destroy via man-handling them as you wrestle it out.

If you'd like to sell me just the 6-disc magazine alone once out, let me know.

Thanks so much, will notify if/when I can get it out.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:27 PM   #7

http://www.creativecaraudioshop.com/

Works great with my CDR-220 for streaming via Bluetooth and phone calls. Easy install and terrific customer service.
PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogans7 View Post

I think this is the place. Several options.

iP-BKR2 iPod Adapter for Becker CDR-220 and others with "AUX" Menu Setting :: iPod Adapters & Interfaces

2008 Cayenne S (sold)
1989 Targa (sold)
morgal48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bose , cr220 , radio , serius