Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2018, 04:24 AM   #1

Garage
qualityporscheparts

Anyone have any dealings with quality porsche parts of Albuquerque New mexico . I am in need of a good motor.Thanks guys.

gabedrummin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:48 AM   #2

I've bought a couple of steering wheels and a pair of seats from them. Everything I've gotten from them has been first rate!
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabedrummin View Post
Anyone have any dealings with quality porsche parts of Albuquerque New mexico . I am in need of a good motor.Thanks guys.
They are fantastic! Ship very fast.
azlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:50 AM   #4

I've dealt w/ them numerous times for smaller things. Always a square deal.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:04 AM   #5

They list everything as or best offer....I submitted offers on an item and all were decined and when I asked why they bother to do best offer I was banned from buying from them. I must add that my offers were about 5-8% lower than the asking.
achillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:23 AM   #6
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by achillies View Post
They list everything as or best offer....I submitted offers on an item and all were decined and when I asked why they bother to do best offer I was banned from buying from them. I must add that my offers were about 5-8% lower than the asking.
They will usually accept up to 25% off the ORIGINAL price. If it has already been discounted 25% I don't think they go lower.
----------

I have bought five or six items: Trunk lid, door panels, immobilizer/DME/Key set, and a few other things.

Always great condition, well packaged, and fast shipping.
Once I received the wrong part. I messaged them when it arrived. They told me to just keep it (about $200 value) and expedited the one that was supposed to be sent. It still arrived quicker than what eBay had originally estimated for the arrival.

Buying an engine unseen carries risk, but I would trust one from there to be exactly as described.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:32 AM   #7

Does anyone have a link or phone number for them? I found this store on eBay - is this the one? http://stores.ebay.com/Quality-Porsche-Parts?rmvSB=true

Last edited by cc986; 04-17-2018 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Added potential link
cc986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:36 AM   #8

they are excellent and the packaging is overkill.
Quadcammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #9

Garage
I think I'v bought 25 - 30 thing from them Never a problem. the parts come clean and
well packaged usually with no shipping charge.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #10

I bought a transmission from them and was happy with the price, the part, service and shipping.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:10 PM   #11

Sorry,

Is this the store? stores.ebay.com/Quality-Porsche-Parts ?
Old 04-17-2018, 01:21 PM   #12

I've bought several things from them and NEVER had a problem.

I always recommend trying Woody (ItsNotANova on here) first, and then QualityPorscheParts (on ebay) if Woody doesn't have what you need.

For many parts they will usually post a picture (or link) to the car that the motor came from. You can see what kind of damage the car sustained that caused it to be taken out of service. It will also give you the VIN number of the donor vehicle.

You can use the VIN of the donor vehicle to run a CarFax. That might give you a bit more history and provide a clue about what kind of care the prior owner(s) took of the donor vehicle.

You can also use the VIN to determine if the motor ever had an IMS upgrade (via the lookup on the LN Engineering website).
Old 04-17-2018, 01:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc986 View Post
Sorry,

Is this the store? stores.ebay.com/Quality-Porsche-Parts ?
Yes it is.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:39 PM   #14

Thanks, BirdDog, much appreciated.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:42 PM   #15
inveniam viam aut faciam

My "go tos" for Porsche parts is Woody first, then qualityporscheparts on ebay. If I think the price is high, I will give a reasonable "best offer" and they accept it most of the time. Packaging is very good, and parts are always received clean and fast. I have no complaints.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:28 PM   #16

QualityPorscheParts

I have bought numerous things from them and have always had an excellent experience. Some offers have been accepted and some others have been at almost their asking price. As mentioned before, I am certain the differentials depend on what their cost has been from acquisition to posting for sale. I would highly recommend them.
Alfieg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:52 AM   #17

Quote:
They've accepted every one of my best offers. I wasn't crazy about it, maybe just $25 off at most.
2007 GL320 CDI, 2010 CL550
2 BMW motorcycles
lkchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:57 PM   #18

Quote:
lol. I had the same experience! Banned for questioning their "or Best Offer" tag when bidding 5% lower than their "asking price"
DRL hack
boxzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:33 AM   #19

Best seller on eBay with great prices and often taking my best offers ranging 10-15% off listed price. They are easy to deal with, I had to return a few items, once due to my mistake and the other time due to part not up to my expectation, and they kindly understood each situation through quick communication and no issues with refund.

I trust their customer service, very professional, and can’t believe that people can gets banned for questioning their decline of best offers. I’m rather an aggressive buyer so will be careful...
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:14 AM   #20

Thank you for the complements. He might be my biggest competitor but I do have to give him respect for what he does. Some of my closest Porsche friends have had to buy from him because I didn't have what they were looking for. Heck I've even sent people his way. Look at his eBay rating. It's pretty amazing to have all those sales and no complaints. I personally don't like him for business reasons. Selling items isn't the problem. It's finding Porsches for a reasonable price and we're both in the same buying market. I find a lot of times it's the two of us bidding against each other at auctions. There's been a few times where I bought something just so he wouldn't get it.
If you ever want to bring me down on a price, just tell me he's selling it for cheaper. I usually price my items by what he's selling them for on his website. I mostly undercut his prices and sometimes I'm WAY cheaper. There's only a handful of items that I usually ask the same or more for.

Last edited by itsnotanova; 04-21-2018 at 05:18 AM.
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote