Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2006, 09:38 AM   #1

2001 Boxster S - Looking for advice

Hello,

I recently bought a 2001 Boxster S. I picked it up from Westmont Porsche and it is Porsche certified with only 25k miles on it. Artic Silver with Metro Blue interior. This is a weekend fun car that replaced my 2001 Audi TT.

I've read on various forums that there are a few 'upgrades' that are generally accepted good ideas for both performance and asthetics. I'd love to hear opinions from some of you veterans on what works, what looks nice, and where I should have it done.

So far all I've done is put in a new touch screen nav/DVD/Sirrius by Kenwood. I have not upgraded any speakers, I just needed my Howard Stern...

In the end, I'd like to hear the engine, and I'd like to make her purr even more than she already does. It may be important to note that this is a Tiptronic S. I would have preferred a 6 speed manual but I wanted my wife to be able to enjoy the car as well, and when we head into the city I find the automatic helps. Anyhow I really appreciate any advice, links and general ideas on what upgrades I should look into for my new girl

jferrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:03 AM   #2

Smile

Please post a picture of your new car. This will stimulate some ideas I think.

Best of luck!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
boggtown

Desnorkle that bad boy right now. go on... do it.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
Desnorkle that bad boy right now. go on... do it.

I'll get pictures up soon What does desnorkle mean? Thanks for the replies thus far! I've also just got an invite to a Porsche Driving Event in the Chicago area in August. I think I may go, anyone have any experience with them?
jferrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jferrill
I'll get pictures up soon What does desnorkle mean? Thanks for the replies thus far! I've also just got an invite to a Porsche Driving Event in the Chicago area in August. I think I may go, anyone have any experience with them?

Oh yeah, you gotta' go! You think you want to modify you Box now. Wait 'till you've participated in a driving event and have seen all that your fellow Porschephiles have accomplished with their cars. Hold on tight to that checkbook!!!
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:48 AM   #6

Ouote:

What does desnorkle mean?

jferril

Porsche Dictionary:

desnorkle (desnorkel) v. To rip out expensive, but unecessary, sound and power robbing parts and throw them away.

Seriously, go to search at the top of the page and put desnorkle in the dropdown. There are several good posts on what it is and how to do it. If there's not enough info for you there, try rennlist, which you should subscribe to anyway.

And hey! Welcome aboard. I'm fairly new also. There are a lot of good people here.

Last edited by Grizzly; 07-15-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote