Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2006, 09:18 AM   #1

Miro Rims ... thoughts?

Hey everyone...

I saw this while perusing eBay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170006054028&fromMakeTrack=true

Anyone have these rims?

I'm wondering what they would look like on a seal gray boxster...

thoughts?

Old 07-13-2006, 09:44 AM   #2
boggtown

Some times monotone combinations of wheel and body color look good, if its the right color. I used to have a jeep liberty renegade about 2 years ago and it was cactus green, with the painted rims to match, and it looked good. BUT any darker and it starts looking muddy or takes away from the look of the wheel. I dont want to offend anyone, but just look at a black "mercedes" with "black" rims, and the driver might be gangsta. I personaly hate black wheels because you cant see the wheel, I dont know if dark gray will have the same problem, but it will take away from the look in my opinion.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:36 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Very nice! Just check out www.tirerack.com and look to see if they have similiar wheels on a similiar color Boxster to preview it.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:52 AM   #4
KronixSpeed

Hey I looked into these rims also. they are too heavy, you won't like the ride with these, will really take away from the performance. the weight was something like 34 or 35 pounds each, rear and front. wayyyy too heavy.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:48 PM   #5

I met a guy at a PCA autocross recently who has those Miro rims on his silver 993. In fact, you can see his car on the Wheel Dynamics website. Anyway, he loves the rims and tires that he bought as a package. I think you'll also find that Wheel Dynamics is a little cheaper than the price you're currently looking at on ebay. (By the way, I am not being compensated for this endorsement). He said that they were working out great for him. I can attest to the fact that he was tearing it up out there on the circuit.

Now, about the color. Your car is gray and the wheels are gray, but not quite the same gray. Personally, I think that together they'll just look like they don't match. The same rim is available in bright silver. That's the way I would go. Or, I would have them painted Seal Gray if I wanted the monochrome look.

Last edited by Grizzly; 07-13-2006 at 02:55 PM.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #6

Thank you everyone for your input
Old 07-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #7

miro wheels cont.

I do have those wheels there are acouple things about them. 1st they make them in diffrent colors I personaly have light silver inner and polished lip. 2nd they are heavyer than stock but they are not 35lbs they are 35lbs with tire mounted roughly depending on inflation press. more press. more weight. 3rd wheel dynamics do have them @ the best price about 2100 shipped mounted balanced. 4th the price for a nice clean stagard fit is almost always more. 5th they are one piece cast why they are heavy, and cheap, but if you do crack one they are about a third of the cost of 2 or 3 piece forged so you have to crack about 3 to work out to one. 6th the tires that wheel dynamics puts on are Generals which are to be the "new" best buy for performance and quality. these tires are sweet and cost next to nothing for what you get. As people realize expect the price to climb. I do know tires very well and have had 20 diffrent sets or so over the last decade (performance). 6th and very best of all these wheels are made by ALT and the line is Miro and they have a model # of which I forget, any way they only make this wheel for porsche which means when your friend, neihbor or jacka** down the street with his BMW, honda,corvette(jacka**)whatever. had better go buy a porsche if they like these wheels. cooooool!
mn box s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn box s
I do have those wheels there are acouple things about them. 1st they make them in diffrent colors I personaly have light silver inner and polished lip.

Any chance you show us some pictures? I loved them on the 993, but haven't seen them on the 986.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:00 AM   #9

Hi,

Aesthetics are strictly a matter of personal choice. But, with 19" rims, you'll lose some performance and limit your tire choices, something to think about...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote