Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2006, 01:38 PM   #1

safeco insurance vs geico

hey guys,
right now i use geico insurance but recently got a quote from safeco for 200 bucks cheaper per year. have any of you heard anything about safeco auto insurance?

thanks

hdpt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:38 PM   #2
bmussatti

Ask Geico to re-calculate your premium and narrow the $200 gap. The worst they can say is "no". Let them know you will change suppliers if they can't give you a potentially better current price.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:28 PM   #3

Just a note that cheaper is not always better...
You may want to consider that if you ever have a claim, Geico being a larger more established company may better handle it. I am in the Auto collision business and Geico is almost always easier and better to deal with than Safeco. Geico uses their own Staff appraisers most of the time and Safeco employs sub-contractors that may not have your best interest in mind. The only downside to Geico is that they promote the use of aftermarket parts... I am not sure about Safeco, but cheaper premium usually means cheaper repairs. For us Porsche owners, there really arent any aftermarket parts to worry about in the event of a claim so that's not terribly important to me. In addition, be sure you are comparing apples to apples, check the liability limits and deductibles make sure they are the same. Safeco could be quoting a lower price based on lower limits of liablity and less coverage. Also check to see if Safeco has roadside assistance like Geico and offers rental replacement coverages. Both of these will benefit you if you have a claim.
Just a few bits of advice.
Best of luck!
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:46 PM   #4

i took your advice and contacted geico and faxed them safeco's quote, safeco was offering me more coverage for less money. geico readjusted my coverage and gave me a lower premium to keep me as a customer. i guess 47 bucks full coverage for my porsche isn't bad. 1000 deductaible.
hdpt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpt73
hey guys,
right now i use geico insurance but recently got a quote from safeco for 200 bucks cheaper per year. have any of you heard anything about safeco auto insurance?

thanks

I'm glad you were able to get a great deal with Geico and stay with them. I strongly advise everyone on this site to stay away from Safeco, Farmers or smaller company such as Bristol West or sometime known as Coast National.

The reason why is because my office deals alot with those companies in settling claims and all I can say is that those above companies do not attempt to settle claims with good faiths so their insured usually ended up being sue in courts.

Please note that this is only my opnion based on my experience and if it does offend any of you, I sincerely apologize.
rctboxsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctboxsters
I'm glad you were able to get a great deal with Geico and stay with them. I strongly advise everyone on this site to stay away from Safeco, Farmers or smaller company such as Bristol West or sometime known as Coast National.

The reason why is because my office deals alot with those companies in settling claims and all I can say is that those above companies do not attempt to settle claims with good faiths so their insured usually ended up being sue in courts.

Please note that this is only my opnion based on my experience and if it does offend any of you, I sincerely apologize.
I can't stand insurance companies - but I have to say that I've never had a single problem with Farmers. I've been with the same guy for going on 20 years now and he handles my 3 cars, house, and a motorcycle. I've had numerous claims (none my fault) including a flood that totaled my Jeep - No problems at all. In fact, I'd have to say that each time I was actually surprised by how fair and easy the results were.

Just my opinion as well. Your results may vary....

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote