View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 03:28 PM   #3
AUDIOGUY

Just a note that cheaper is not always better...
You may want to consider that if you ever have a claim, Geico being a larger more established company may better handle it. I am in the Auto collision business and Geico is almost always easier and better to deal with than Safeco. Geico uses their own Staff appraisers most of the time and Safeco employs sub-contractors that may not have your best interest in mind. The only downside to Geico is that they promote the use of aftermarket parts... I am not sure about Safeco, but cheaper premium usually means cheaper repairs. For us Porsche owners, there really arent any aftermarket parts to worry about in the event of a claim so that's not terribly important to me. In addition, be sure you are comparing apples to apples, check the liability limits and deductibles make sure they are the same. Safeco could be quoting a lower price based on lower limits of liablity and less coverage. Also check to see if Safeco has roadside assistance like Geico and offers rental replacement coverages. Both of these will benefit you if you have a claim.
Just a few bits of advice.
Best of luck!
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote