Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #1

Wish me luck! Car is at the dealer...

Well, after some diagnosis, the box is at the local Porsche thieves for some repairs. I believe I need a new clutch master cylinder. When I depress the clutch pedal and it stays in for longer than 10 seconds, it doesnt want to come up. In between gears the clutch operation is normal. On Monday, the brake fluid lamp and psm lamp came on. I checked the brake fluid and it was low in the reservoir. I filled the reservoir with DOT 4 and the lamps went back out. Since the brakes and the clutch share the same reservoir and there is no apparent leak from the rear where the Slave is, I believe the Clutch master is bad.
The good news is that I have a quote of about $250.00 for the job with my "car business persons" discount. I am getting a 30k service while it is there as well. The only problem is that the service manager is swamped and a guy short. So I guess the car will be down for the weekend at least and I wont be able to buy those new gold teeth that I have been wanting... just joking.
Keep your fingers crossed for me that the Clutch master is the problem.

Thanks.

AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote