Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2006, 06:24 PM   #21

I just bought my Boxster 4 months ago and this really doesn't bother me at all. I think the addition of 15 hp needs to be put in perspective. That's maybe a 1/10 of a second reduction in 0-60 and a bit more torque (Cayman listed at 5.1 to 60 and Boxster S at 5.2). How much is the average driver even going to notice this?

Now if they jumped it up to 320hp or more, I would be very bitter.

Point being, I'm in no hurry to sell my 280hp car for 295hp and little other difference.

05 Touareg V8
Black
drburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
I disagree with the first statement. I've driven Porsches of all kinds for many years. The Boxster is a great car, but the Marque is special and it's in every car they make (well, maybe not the SUV).

I'd feel just fine about having bought a 2006. Thanks. They put a glass rear window and glove compartment in the 2003, does it make me feel like I got screwed on my 2000, no.
Okay, so you're a Porsche Fan Boy, nothing wrong with that at all I'm just saying that I can fully understand why someone would be bummed out.

drburton, I agree--I'm not rushing out to put a down payment on a 2007 either, but I don't consider myself the "average driver"--I wouldn't have bought the Boxster if i was feeling average about driving. 15 horsepower would be noticeable, although not really significant. Like I said, I'll wait for the next horsepower increase before getting excited.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:19 PM   #23

What's wrong with cars and technology improving every year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPIQTodd
So the new 3.4l motor makes the car higher priced by less than a grand? That blows for all us 3.2l folks, but oh well...

At least the 3.4l Boxsters will be in a different class than us 3.2l Boxsters in POC and PCA, at least they BETTER be...

You would still be riding around in a Model T Ford or a 2.5 L boxster

'04 Boxster S 550 SE
grease is offline   Reply With Quote