Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #1

I wish I knew where all these cheap boxsters were. At around 3k pounds that would be about $4500. Maybe a bit less now after Brexit. Can't find really any for double that in my area (Mass / New England area). Most are over $10k and not necessarily nice ones either.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:46 PM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myoung73 View Post
I wish I knew where all these cheap boxsters were. At around 3k pounds that would be about $4500. Maybe a bit less now after Brexit. Can't find really any for double that in my area (Mass / New England area). Most are over $10k and not necessarily nice ones either.
Here is one for you
2000 Porsche

It needs some love.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Here is one for you
2000 Porsche

It needs some love.
Right but this one is in Texas. Agree though that with some $ put in (not too much) it could be pretty decent...
Old 08-06-2016, 04:49 PM   #4
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Quote:

Myoung, I agree $4,500 is a hard to find price point (except maybe on CL). But there is a decent looking 03 Base (looks like my car except for interior) on Car Gurus in Atkinson, NH - asking $7,990 - 101k miles, 5 speed. Get a PPI, talk them down based on results, put a few K into it. Bingo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grc0456 View Post
Myoung, I agree $4,500 is a hard to find price point (except maybe on CL). But there is a decent looking 03 Base (looks like my car except for interior) on Car Gurus in Atkinson, NH - asking $7,990 - 101k miles, 5 speed. Get a PPI, talk them down based on results, put a few K into it. Bingo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This one actually looks decent, but no pics of the interior that's weird. Like the color and wheels though.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:37 AM   #6

Quote:
I've seen amazing deals on old open top sports cars in the U.K. In the U.S. convertibles are considerably cheaper out West and down South. In the Northeast there are less to choose from and prices tend to run 20% higher. The price differential grows with age and is inversely proportional to the price. In other words, a 20 year old Porsche Boxster will cost more in New England than it does in California or Alabama. The winters are rough on them and thin the herd further. If you are willing to road trip, you can combine a mini vacation with a car buying trip. You can also get better deals at the end of the convertible season...i.e. October or November.

Last edited by Disaster; 08-07-2016 at 02:40 AM.
Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:54 AM   #7

Quote:
You just have to look, I bought mine a few months ago for $2500, it has 64k miles on it. The top did not work due to a broken arm ($60 from dealer for the part, took 10 minutes to fix it, owner was quoted something outrageous for the fix hence why she offed it) and it has a little ding and scratch on the right rear bottom. It came with a hard top (sold that for $800 so it is now a $1760 car) also came with a second set of BBS wheels which I might sell to make it a sub $1500 car. Needs nothing mechanically, new brakes last year (it was serviced it at my buddy's shop as he maintains all of this person's cars)
bwdz is offline   Reply With Quote