Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2016, 06:20 AM   #11

a place for my piece

I'm a newbe on this forum and thank you all for the great information and advice. I am also an old fart retired guy, former SF, Cop(SWAT), Instructor,Teacher, Adj.Prof., Contractor... ad nauseam.
I have carried a firearm for 50 yrs., mostly concealed, and I found your self- presentation can defuse most situations. If you act like a victim you become one. I believe everyone should defend themselves and others when necessary, but just toting a smoke-pole isn't the answer. Become ONE with your weapon, practice every chance you get, and become better every practice or you become complaisant. Learn retention, disarming techniques, and practice drawing from you carry holster(?) or whatever. Learn to identify and neutralize the threat within 1-2 sec. or you become a statistic. It is a mind-set. Showing your **************** and talking **************** is just that. Keep your **************** close and know how to use it. Don't flaunt it! Learn to walk the walk and you will be much happier and safer. Any punk can snatch a smoke-pole from a vehicle in seconds. Stupid Idea folks.

99 Boxster
98 Boxster
86 911
others

Last edited by clabar1; 05-14-2016 at 06:34 AM. Reason: need to add
clabar1 is offline   Reply With Quote