Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2016, 02:38 PM   #1
Artist, 986S tinkerer

Getting my BK and a huge thanks to steved0x!

Getting ready for the May event at Mont Tremblant (LCMT). Found a Brey Krause extension from a Rennlist member. Steve helped me ship this item for peanuts! Thanks Steve, you're a great guy!!!

YouTube channel: the PORSCHE as seen by NewArt
www.youtube.com/channel/UCohdrH2xHTklM1thxk0KKOQ?
NewArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:17 PM   #2

Very cool of him. This is the way these forums should work. Members like Steve make this the place it is.

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:47 PM   #3

Steve is great. I have a lot of goodies on my boxster thanks to him
Old 05-03-2016, 03:43 AM   #4
Luckyed

Garage
This seems like a good time to chime in and point out that he helped me with good advice and a set of rear control arms so I could stop the dreaded suspension "thunk". He deserves lots of good Karma.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:44 AM   #5

You guys are making me blush. I have been on the receiving side of so many tips and help from this forum, and it felt so good, I like to forward it along as best I can.

Example in point: I did a DIY suspension overhaul and setup (thanks Woody for the eccentric bolts that came right on time!), and had a terrible track weekend due to my non-optimal setup and was almost ready to quit from the car. Now that I am back several members (insite, lap1doug, jakeru, smallblock454, jsceash, racer boy, topless, I am sure I am leaving some out, sorry about that) have reached out and sent me steps and measurements and tips to set it up properly for next time.

This forum and the good folks on here rock!
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:44 AM   #6

This forum really makes my Boxster ownership more enjoyable! Between the great help and great sellers my one year ownership has been awesome and I have spent more money on goodies than expensive maintenance. Isn't that what it's all about?

I bought this Recaro bucket seat from Steve and I swear the only thing he didn't do is fly over and install it himself! The amount of detailed information on installation was impressive and it made the whole thing as easy as it could have been. Great purchase and great guy!!

Steve I owed you some photos of how it looks in my car. It still doesn't bother me having the original grey leather one for the passenger, I just sit my girl on it as often as possible since she loves to ride in the car so I don't see it that much
I've let go of my OCD thankfully!

Along with the other interior mods I've done like the aluminum pedals, shifter and mat this seat has significantly improved my driving enjoyment for a very fair price!

Good old reliable Woody hooked me up with some seat belt receptacles for cheap so I was good to go in no time!

Keep it up guys! This place wouldn't be the same without all the great enthusiasts such as yourselves!!
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:00 AM   #7

A good seat does make a difference, and having a seat the right size. That Recaro seat was too tiny for me, the one time I sat in it while it was on my couch, I had to get the kids to pry it off my backside... Luckily for you it didn't leave an imprint on the seat I had it installed over on the passenger side for a while but my wife didn't like it the 1 time she road in it (at Road Atlanta but we only got 1 hot lap before somebody crashed and we all got black flagged) so I decided it had to go, and I replaced with the XL version. I hope I said it the right way, and also that she does not ever read this or else I will be in trouble.

The pedals and the whole car look great!
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
A good seat does make a difference, and having a seat the right size. That Recaro seat was too tiny for me, the one time I sat in it while it was on my couch, I had to get the kids to pry it off my backside... Luckily for you it didn't leave an imprint on the seat I had it installed over on the passenger side for a while but my wife didn't like it the 1 time she road in it (at Road Atlanta but we only got 1 hot lap before somebody crashed and we all got black flagged) so I decided it had to go, and I replaced with the XL version. I hope I said it the right way, and also that she does not ever read this or else I will be in trouble.

The pedals and the whole car look great!
thanks Steve! i had driver enjoyment and comfort in mind with this setup. still loving the seat!
Old 05-04-2016, 06:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisZenithBlue View Post
Steve I owed you some photos of how it looks in my car. It still doesn't bother me having the original grey leather one for the passenger, I just sit my girl on it as often as possible since she loves to ride in the car so I don't see it that much
I've let go of my OCD thankfully!
Just as you like seeing your girl in the passenger seat, so would we.

Who doesn't like to see pics of Girls in/on a Porsche

Hmmmm, that would make a good thread. "Porsche Pics with other things we love"

And by things I mean also stuff like Planes, Motor Cycles, Boats, Sunsets, Beaches, Mountains, other cars, etc and of course our favorite Girls.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
Just as you like seeing your girl in the passenger seat, so would we.

Who doesn't like to see pics of Girls in/on a Porsche

Hmmmm, that would make a good thread. "Porsche Pics with other things we love"

And by things I mean also stuff like Planes, Motor Cycles, Boats, Sunsets, Beaches, Mountains, other cars, etc and of course our favorite Girls.
good point sir! i guess i have homework to do!