Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2016, 05:50 PM   #1

2000 Boxster S battery woes

I spent a solid 3 hours today trying to get at my damn battery. Here is what happened: a month ago, my wife hit a pothole and bent the 19" 3 piece rim. Finally, the shop fixed the rim, but now the battery was dead. Then last night someone came in and stole the radio. I was livid. So today, I read that with a dead battery, I could shimmy a screwdriver and slip the release mechanism block the front release. I was unable to find the right spot after giving it my best. So I then read that the release could be accessed with the front driver's wheel off and all I needed to do with locate the cable. No luck. I then read that it could be on the passenger side and I found no cable as well. The c3 fuse jump also does not apply to this model as it does on some later boosters. Would love to see an actual picture of someone with a 99-00 boxster that was able to access the cable in the wheel well (and which side).

charofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:55 PM   #2

Garage
You don't have the positive block in the fuse panel to pop the frunk? I thought they all had that.

How did someone get in your car and steal the radio? Did you leave the door unlocked and the Becker removal keys on the console? Sorry for your bad luck.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:38 PM   #3

No, i do not see a positive terminal in the fuse block. that was the first thing I looked for. Left the window slightly cracked. It was a kenwood so no special tools.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:44 PM   #4

Perhaps some help

I had a dead battery about a year ago, the car was in my shop with he windows down. I tries the pull out link in the fuse panel but could get no results at all ??

I then connected the positive cable of the battery charger to a Phillips screwdriver wrapped in tape to keep from possibly shorting and held against the center conductor in the cigarette lighter....as soon as I did I saw the instruments come on and the interior light...while still holding it in position I hit the hood release button and hear it release and saw the hood pop up as usual. I then disconnected everything and charged the batter directly on the terminals. I have a 2001 S BTW

I hope this helps some

Dwight
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:50 PM   #5
Custom User Title Here

Garage
My pictures have disappeared, but the link below may help.

http://986forum.com/forums/diy-project-guides/35685-yet-another-front-trunk-emergency-release-cable-thread-pics.html
Old 01-31-2016, 09:44 PM   #6

I was finally able to get it done guys. I took off the plastic wheel well guard on the DRIVER'S side and pulled the cable. This video was what helped me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRjO1xJ-5DY#t=66.546605936
Old 01-31-2016, 10:32 PM   #7
Custom User Title Here

Garage
In that video, he is pulling the actual hood release cable, not the emergency release cable.
You might want to take a minute to find your emergency cable and route it to the tow hook hole.

For clarity, the emergency release is on the RIGHT SIDE.

Last edited by particlewave; 01-31-2016 at 10:41 PM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote