Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2015, 10:40 PM   #1

Spark Plug Tube O rings specs

Hi, I'm overseas and in a situation where buying original parts would be a big ordeal, up in the mountains in my vacation home, I have a fully equipped shop and time to burn and would like to fix some of the oil leaks in my 99 986, one of the few leaks are spark plug tube o rings, as said above there are no parts available for a boxster around here but there are industrial suppliers with all kinds of o-rings in all materials ans sizes, could I get equivalents and does anybody know the specs on these? I guess I can pull them out and take them to a supplier and see what fits but I'm hoping someone has a number or spec.

thanks

stelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:18 AM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Here's a quick clip from the Katalog with the part number and size.

I'd recommend that you replace the tubes and not just the seals. A few forum members have posted tales of pain and misery about the old brittle tubes becoming debris in the head and oil pathway.