Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2015, 04:03 PM   #21

i think technically you would call that a 'tail base' - a ducktail that you can mount a spoiler on - i assume that you can remove the spoiler if need be? it's cool that it can be made to fit the 986. i wonder if it could be slid lower down the trunk so as to cover the OEM spoiler (which is now redundant with this unit installed, but would leave a gap if removed).

The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:37 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
i think technically you would call that a 'tail base' - a ducktail that you can mount a spoiler on - i assume that you can remove the spoiler if need be? it's cool that it can be made to fit the 986. i wonder if it could be slid lower down the trunk so as to cover the OEM spoiler (which is now redundant with this unit installed, but would leave a gap if removed).

the tail base will overlay to the taillight if move lower. It will work with 987. I have disconnected the OEM spoiler.
wooshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 04:20 AM   #23

Does anyone make a duck tail for the 986 that is similar to a 73 911 rs duck? It looks like whoosh has it in his car but without the top piece. That's a beautiful car.

Thanks,
David
DWBOX2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:40 PM   #24

the Ingo Noak spoiler on the 986, did you just buy the 987 spoiler and it fit properly? I know there are some minor differences in the 986 and 987 spoilers from factory that's why I ask.
Cheers
Saw your post about the minor mods needed.

Last edited by liqtor; 01-11-2017 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Found my answer here
liqtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:14 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooshhh View Post

My first inclination when I saw the unpainted spoiler was that that wouldn't look good with the curves of the 986, but your bumpers, side skirts and other mods make it look fantastically vicious! Well played, sir...

heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote