Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2017, 09:21 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster View Post
LOL - not 'ghetto' at all. That's actually an extremely ignorant statement.

In all sincerity, the sensors are just a simple form of idiot light b/c too many idiot drivers ignored the metal noise makers (tabs on pads which made them squeal at min thickness).

Likewise, sensors are very susceptible to breakage from the elements - heat in particular. As stated w/ minimal 'effort', and would would be considered proper maintenance, one can easily inspect the pads, their thickness, condition i.e. chamfering which occurs with use and can be dangerous. All of which is not reportable w/ the idiot sensor.

Ghetto - LOL.

Good luck!
Exactly. I never rely on idiot lights for something as crucial as the brakes. Every time I wash my car, I take a look at the brake pads and the rotor to see that there is nothing wrong. The rotors aren't getting scored, the brake pad material is at least as thick as the brake pad backing.

2000 Boxster 2.7l red/black

Previous cars

1973 Opel Manta
1969(?) Fiat 850 Convertible
1979 Lancia Beta Coupe
1981 Alfa Romeo GTV 6
1985 Alfa Romeo Graduate
1985 Porsche 944
1989 Porsche 944
1981 Triumph TR7
1989 (?) Alfa Romeo Milano
1993 Saab 9000
san rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:40 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mipstien View Post
Are they the same on front and rear?

I can't find any definitive information after searching for about an hour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mipstien View Post
Maybe it wasn't politically correct for you but I find it spot on to what I meant by it. It is what it is. Not really up for an internet argument. We all know how that ends and besides it's just opinion lol. Don't get your panties inn a wad.

Ghetto/redneck engineering

1. To modify an object to****suit****another purpose from it's****original, often very dangerously, however.

2. To build a tool out of scrapped materials, commonly****used****in the repair of objects, or to substitute a tool.
LOL - Wouldn't 'rednecking' include even the mere thought of trying to re-purpose either fronts for rears or vice versa? Surely highly paid professional engineers from Porsche and others spent countless hours finely detailing them specifically and thus why different part #s. Not to mention, and Dr. Ferry please forgive me, for one to even consider non-Porsche sensors.

Comical how you keep trying to / insulting the countless posters here who have actual and factual knowledge on the subject and who are helping you. As opposed to maybe eating a little humble pie and merely saying thanks.

Anyhow, best way to go full redneck, instead of just zip-tying out of the way is: Cut them off entirely just aft the plug. Then short the wires together, quickly solder and button it all up in "Protestant" way w/ shrink tubing like this:

Can't have your cake and eat it too there mipster...

Good luck