Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2015, 10:27 PM   #21

Welcome, awesome looking car you have! I was pretty young when I got my 00' S, not as young as you though.

Taking it easy for the first 6 months is really good advice, you will still enjoy it, get to know the car and you abilities. Best bit of advice from my side, don't be a show off, EVER.

You have joined the right forum in terms of unlimited knowledge of these cars! Enjoy the car!

sickbananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:55 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but you are just a kid!. You may think you know your limits, but you probably don't. Assuming you cant get your license until you are 16, you have been driving for less than a year. There is a lot you need to learn and that only comes from experience.

Jake is a really good example of a young person with a powerful car. He seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders, seek out and listen to his advise. You probably don't want to hear it from us old farts. I know, I have a 17 y/o son

I'll try maintaining the 16 year old mentality I have while driving!
Thanks for the advice
Deren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
All I can tell you is that I had way more close call in my first few months of owners ship then I have in the past year and a half.

Now I'll still stall here or there, even forgot to put the parking brake down leaving the garage earlier this week (thankfully there is a light for that!)

Basically just we all make mistakes for sure including the older members here. But you are WAY more prone to them when first starting to drive.

(Man to man, don't keep the spoiler up around other guys your age, they'll call you a "tool," let it do its job at 75 plus and keep it down otherwise unless you're demonstrating or cleaning.)

Have fun! I wish my first Boxster was Yellow! Feel free to pm me anytime you want.
Yeah I get it man. I'll try my best and thanks for the spoiler advice to ahaha.
Sure will thanks.

Deren is offline   Reply With Quote