Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2015, 10:33 AM   #21
Run

I just had a penny fall into my 987 cigarette lighter hole. Its still there damn thing just wont come out without tools. Time to look for one of these.

Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:42 AM   #22

[QUOTE=RandallNeighbour;466394]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ-Fresno View Post
I am using the ashtray to store my change and I don't find it to be inefficient.QUOTE]

EJ, you may want to rethink using your ashtray for coin storage. During some spirited driving the first couple of months of ownership I was unable to shift into a gear because change had moved from the inside of the ash tray to inside the gear shift mechanism under the boot.

Freaked me out and I felt really foolish when my tech popped off the leather boot and took some needle nose pliers and pulled out a couple of pennies, a nickel and a dime or two and said, "ash trays are for ashes, not spare change. That'll be $100 for a minimum labor charge." (Fortunately he was kidding, and I thanked him and told him to keep the change!!!!)

OP: I have that non smoker tray in now and LOVE IT! Great place to set stuff I need to keep handy.
I had my center console off recently to do some wiring, and there was a quarter sitting right in front of (or behind, I can't remember) the shifter. It was not there last time I had the cover off. Not sure where it came from!

Steve

steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote