Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2015, 09:01 PM   #1

Airbag Light Reset with Autel

I removed my seats without knowing about the airbag thing, so now the light is on and I need to check and reset it. It seems that only a Porsche or Durametric scanner can access and reset the airbag system. However, there's a video with a guy resetting an airbag on a 996 with the Autel MaxiDiag Elite MD802.

Can anyone confirm that whether this is true or possible? I'd love to invest in a Durametric, but I own other cars too, and I want to get a scanner that's useful for other brands as well in terms of diagnostics and troubleshooting.

P.S. If there's anyone in the Orange County, CA area that has a Durametric and would love to help me out, please let me know, I'd really appreciate it!

hancock1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:26 PM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
The Autel MD702 in the video is $364.25 USD. I think I'd rather invest that in a Durametric.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:38 AM   #3
Need For Speed

Garage
Keep an eye out or even post a wtb thread for the Durametric and you can get a used one for around $180 shipped. Just make sure you are getting the latest version and of course having at least one vin left to use.
KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:52 AM   #4
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
There is also a tool called icarsoft i969 which does a bit more than the generic DTC. Not sure how much if costs in the US.
edc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:35 AM   #5
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by edc View Post
There is also a tool called icarsoft i969 which does a bit more than the generic DTC. Not sure how much if costs in the US.
How does it compare to a Durametric?

Amazon.com: PORSCHE iCarsoft i960 OBD2 Engine Vehicle Diagnostic Tool Code Fault Multi-System OBD-II Scanner: Automotive

KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote