Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2015, 12:53 PM   #1

Garage
Bad Passenger Micro-switch?

Last night after the game, when I tried to open the passenger door, I noticed that the window didn't do the "auto-drop", it also doesn't auto-drop from the inside either. Window functions normally with the switch and goes down when I open the top latch as well. So I'm thinking the micro-switch has bought the ghost... Opinions & ideas?

PN: 996 613 126 00

mgfranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:38 PM   #2

Mine does exactly the same. I've had to fix or repair other priority items. I'll be watching this thread closely for responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgfranz View Post
Last night after the game, when I tried to open the passenger door, I noticed that the window didn't do the "auto-drop", it also doesn't auto-drop from the inside either. Window functions normally with the switch and goes down when I open the top latch as well. So I'm thinking the micro-switch has bought the ghost... Opinions & ideas?

PN: 996 613 126 00
Cebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:47 PM   #3
Need For Speed

Garage
Are you sure it's not dropping just a little bit? I had the same issue, exactly like yours, but my window moved just a tiny bit, it was the passenger side too.

This is what fixed it.

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/25704-window-regulator-permanent-fix-stretched-cable.html
Old 05-31-2015, 12:21 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAM36 View Post
Are you sure it's not dropping just a little bit? I had the same issue, exactly like yours, but my window moved just a tiny bit, it was the passenger side too.

This is what fixed it.

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/25704-window-regulator-permanent-fix-stretched-cable.html
Nope, it doesn't move at all, I even tried pushing down on it while holding the handle and without and it doesn't move at all.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:27 PM   #5
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Door lock/latch microswitch
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:27 PM   #6

Garage
Ok, so I got a chance to dig into the door panel today to do a bit of troubleshooting, the switch is fine, turns out I have faulty wire or connector in the door harness that is either open or shorting out near the door latch. Wiggling the harness near where the connector for the switch and the main door harness come together caused all kind of havoc with the window and the door light. I'm thinking I have an open wire somewhere or a bad connector.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:12 PM   #7
Usercpy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgfranz View Post
Ok, so I got a chance to dig into the door panel today to do a bit of troubleshooting, the switch is fine, turns out I have faulty wire or connector in the door harness that is either open or shorting out near the door latch. Wiggling the harness near where the connector for the switch and the main door harness come together caused all kind of havoc with the window and the door light. I'm thinking I have an open wire somewhere or a bad connector.
I had the same sympton, i found lots of cracked wires(near window goes up/down grinding the wires) rubbing each other and causes lot of weird sympton.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:57 AM   #8

My passenger side window (2002 Boxster Base U.S. model) does not go down when I open the door using the outside or internal door handle. It does function correctly using the window switch or when I use use the convertible top up/down.

I also notice at times my dash lock switch LED flickers off and on once in a while but not consistent.

The part is a harness with the switch included. Is this the correct part to order from Pelican Parts? I didn't want to link their photo due the copyright warnings. Thanks fellas.

Window Drop Down Switch on Door Handle (Right)
Brand: Genuine Porsche
Rating:
(2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible)

996-613-126-00-M100
Door Switches
Cebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:43 PM   #9
Usercpy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebu View Post
My passenger side window (2002 Boxster Base U.S. model) does not go down when I open the door using the outside or internal door handle. It does function correctly using the window switch or when I use use the convertible top up/down.

I also notice at times my dash lock switch LED flickers off and on once in a while but not consistent.

The part is a harness with the switch included. Is this the correct part to order from Pelican Parts? I didn't want to link their photo due the copyright warnings. Thanks fellas.

Window Drop Down Switch on Door Handle (Right)
Brand: Genuine Porsche
Rating:
(2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible)

996-613-126-00-M100
Door Switches
Just link it.....