986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Bad Passenger Micro-switch? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57398)

mgfranz 05-30-2015 12:53 PM

Bad Passenger Micro-switch?

Last night after the game, when I tried to open the passenger door, I noticed that the window didn't do the "auto-drop", it also doesn't auto-drop from the inside either. Window functions normally with the switch and goes down when I open the top latch as well. So I'm thinking the micro-switch has bought the ghost... Opinions & ideas?

PN: 996 613 126 00

Cebu 05-30-2015 09:38 PM

Mine does exactly the same. I've had to fix or repair other priority items. I'll be watching this thread closely for responses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgfranz (Post 451869)
Last night after the game, when I tried to open the passenger door, I noticed that the window didn't do the "auto-drop", it also doesn't auto-drop from the inside either. Window functions normally with the switch and goes down when I open the top latch as well. So I'm thinking the micro-switch has bought the ghost... Opinions & ideas?

PN: 996 613 126 00

KRAM36 05-30-2015 10:47 PM

Are you sure it's not dropping just a little bit? I had the same issue, exactly like yours, but my window moved just a tiny bit, it was the passenger side too.

This is what fixed it.

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/25704-window-regulator-permanent-fix-stretched-cable.html

mgfranz 05-31-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRAM36 (Post 451928)
Are you sure it's not dropping just a little bit? I had the same issue, exactly like yours, but my window moved just a tiny bit, it was the passenger side too.

This is what fixed it.

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/25704-window-regulator-permanent-fix-stretched-cable.html

Nope, it doesn't move at all, I even tried pushing down on it while holding the handle and without and it doesn't move at all.

particlewave 05-31-2015 12:27 PM

Door lock/latch microswitch ;)

mgfranz 06-06-2015 04:27 PM

Ok, so I got a chance to dig into the door panel today to do a bit of troubleshooting, the switch is fine, turns out I have faulty wire or connector in the door harness that is either open or shorting out near the door latch. Wiggling the harness near where the connector for the switch and the main door harness come together caused all kind of havoc with the window and the door light. I'm thinking I have an open wire somewhere or a bad connector.

ilikeching 06-06-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgfranz (Post 452815)
Ok, so I got a chance to dig into the door panel today to do a bit of troubleshooting, the switch is fine, turns out I have faulty wire or connector in the door harness that is either open or shorting out near the door latch. Wiggling the harness near where the connector for the switch and the main door harness come together caused all kind of havoc with the window and the door light. I'm thinking I have an open wire somewhere or a bad connector.

I had the same sympton, i found lots of cracked wires(near window goes up/down grinding the wires) rubbing each other and causes lot of weird sympton.

Cebu 06-07-2015 09:57 AM

My passenger side window (2002 Boxster Base U.S. model) does not go down when I open the door using the outside or internal door handle. It does function correctly using the window switch or when I use use the convertible top up/down.

I also notice at times my dash lock switch LED flickers off and on once in a while but not consistent.

The part is a harness with the switch included. Is this the correct part to order from Pelican Parts? I didn't want to link their photo due the copyright warnings. Thanks fellas.

Window Drop Down Switch on Door Handle (Right)
Brand: Genuine Porsche
Rating:
(2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible)

996-613-126-00-M100
Door Switches

ilikeching 06-07-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cebu (Post 452859)
My passenger side window (2002 Boxster Base U.S. model) does not go down when I open the door using the outside or internal door handle. It does function correctly using the window switch or when I use use the convertible top up/down.

I also notice at times my dash lock switch LED flickers off and on once in a while but not consistent.

The part is a harness with the switch included. Is this the correct part to order from Pelican Parts? I didn't want to link their photo due the copyright warnings. Thanks fellas.

Window Drop Down Switch on Door Handle (Right)
Brand: Genuine Porsche
Rating:
(2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible)

996-613-126-00-M100
Door Switches

Just link it.....;)