Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 10:10 AM   #1

Garage
Dead battery can't open from fuse box due to alarm.

Long story short, my car has a dead battery. I can't open the frunk vie cable as it seems the shop that repaired my front bumper moved it. When I attach a 12V power source to the fuse box red post the car alarm goes off and won't let me pop the frunk. I was under the impression i have to have the key in the ignition to avoid this but that does not seem to work either. Any thoughts? :ah:

Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:24 AM   #2

Have you tried the cigarette lighter charge method? You may have to buy a male to male adapter if using a jump pack, it should work.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:29 AM   #3

Garage
No, I haven't. That is my next (final? ) option. My next question on that would be if i start to give the battery some juice it will just set the alarm off again. Or is there some security feature built into the red post in the fuse box that is not built into the lighter method.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:23 PM   #4

Why can you alarm is going off use your key fob to turn it off?

you can charge the battery through cig lighter port. or if you get 12 volts to it then disable the alarm to open the things up.
keysguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:13 AM   #5

Garage
Thanks for the help gents, determined not to spend more money on charging options I spent the better part of an afternoon finding that pull cable. Once it was fished out, I was in the clear.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:52 AM   #6
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo1186 View Post
Thanks for the help gents, determined not to spend more money on charging options I spent the better part of an afternoon finding that pull cable. Once it was fished out, I was in the clear.
Yeah that can be a pain to get to. A lot of us here moved it to the tow hook hole. Much easier to get to that way.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #7

I have the exact issue now, alarm keeps going off. Tried the key in the door everything, but when I add 12 v to the pullout red connector the alarm goes off. Last year when i did this it worked just fine. One member suggested I put a charge on the post and try it for 15 mins, but by then most of the county cops will be here.

Jhinson is offline   Reply With Quote