Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2006, 05:36 AM   #41

You guys arent that wise. you are just older and have lived more life. you do understand that Blinkwatt is also going to get older and change his views on things, right.

Finallygottaporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:02 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallygottaporsche
You guys arent that wise. you are just older and have lived more life. you do understand that Blinkwatt is also going to get older and change his views on things, right.
Hi,

I agree that there's not necessarily any direct correllation between Age and Wisdom, but making the kind of Blanket Statement you made may not be demonstative of either.

It's funny how many people are in this guy's (Blinkwatt) business. As I stated earlier, everyone choses the Path they want to travel in Life, actively or passively. What was it John Lennon said? "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans..."

I seriously doubt that anyone here has remained totally Faithful to the Course they charted at Blinkwatt's age, at least I hope not. Part of the Beauty of Life is not knowing, with any certainty at least, what lies around the next Bend or past the Horizon.

The Skill (Wisdom if you like) in Life, is maintaining the ability to adapt to the unexpected in a positive way. This is a Learned Skill which one acquires, to varying degrees, over Time.

Don't judge the Cake while it's still in the Oven...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 04-07-2006 at 06:05 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:47 AM   #43

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBoxster
If you come across a Bogner Fish preamp at a price south of absolute insanity, please let me know
Whoa someone knows their high end gear. Im impressed not alot of people have even heard of Bogner,VHT and so on.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:07 AM   #44

blinkwatt - american ingeniunity at it's finest - bro - I love it!! give me a healight wave when you get that ferrari!
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:08 AM   #45

To MN Boxster. so you insult me, but then basicly agree with me. brilliant.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:43 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallygottaporsche
To MN Boxster. so you insult me, but then basicly agree with me. brilliant.
Hi,

I'm sorry you feel insulted. I was referring to your gross generalization that the respondents to this thread "arent that wise... you are just older..." more than to you personally.

It is my belief that several of them are very wise (considering the overall sum of their contributions to this Forum). Some demonstrated this with their insightful contributions to this particular thread, even though I think we've gone waay off the original intent of it.

Some of what you said was also insightful. Whether I basicly [sp], or basically, agree with you means that I did not agree with your entire reply, just some of it.

It's Friday... Feel Good!

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:11 AM   #47

Ok. i do feel good. i just saw a bunch of guys picking on an 18 year old kid who seems like a really good guy.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:15 AM   #48

oh, now you are going to point out my typos. thats not cool at all.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:23 AM   #49

I agree that there's not necessarily any direct correllation between Age and Wisdom, but making the kind of Blanket Statement you made may not be demonstative of either.

originally posted by MNboxster

you misspelled demonstrative. i just assumed that you were in a hurry. i didnt feel the need to question your intelligence or be a pompous ass about it. how about extending the same courtesy to thers.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #50

reply to TriGem2K

wow, this thread is out of hand.
anyways,
I was bored and went back to german. I always wanted that "bargain exotic" aka "japanese ferrari" aka Acura NSX. Got the NSX. Got bored, it was time for my bi annual car purchase so I got the Boxster. Boxster is the most fun of course. Used the money left over from the deal for my fiance's ring.
pinoyfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:16 PM   #51

I've watched merrily

as this thread has blossomed. Clearly you won't Blinkwatt, but don't let anyone quell your enthusiam. When I bought my Box on 2001, my brother reminded me that from age 15 on I'd sworn I'd have a Porsche by the time I was 30. I missed it by 2 months (owing to getting married (who thinks about that at 15?) and incurring (and paying off) six figures of student loans in the interim), but the point is, at 19, I was making $5/hr being a messenger making copies and coffee for a law firm. I remember now with amusement one of the big shots taking me aside and telling me condescendingly that hangin' as a messenger, playing softball, and generally goofing off was no way to begin a career. What one might be up to at any moment may not be indicative of what he's doing or where he's going. That joker couldn't afford me now. Anyway, Blink, I want to go for a ride in your Modena--can you advance the schedule a bit?
AutoTop & Silver Front Crest
Houston, Texas
shumphries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:59 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGem2k
To say someone is rich or successful because of the things you see they own is stupid I’m sorry. Anyone today can buy whatever they want with the money they don’t have.
Here here. I couldn't agree with you more.

Personally, I've had many opportunities to get into a great money making opportunity, but I didn't choose those routes because of my opinion on making money.

There are those who want to make money really bad, and those who let the money come to them. For example, lets compare a sales person to a doctor. The salesman may have to persuade his/her clients on a daily basis to make ends meet or reach his or her dream goal. However, the doctor, who has gone through tremendous study, sits back and answers questions while people pay him for his time.

MONEY <---------------------------------------- SALESMAN

MONEY -------Goes this way --------> DOCTOR

Anyone see what I'm saying? In the end, the victor, in my opinion, is the doctor (or anyone with a wealth of knowledge). Though, it's probably just all based on how you look at it. I'd rather hit the books than scurry towards the pot of gold.
ralegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:47 AM   #53

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralegen
Here here. I couldn't agree with you more.

Personally, I've had many opportunities to get into a great money making opportunity, but I didn't choose those routes because of my opinion on making money.

There are those who want to make money really bad, and those who let the money come to them. For example, lets compare a sales person to a doctor. The salesman may have to persuade his/her clients on a daily basis to make ends meet or reach his or her dream goal. However, the doctor, who has gone through tremendous study, sits back and answers questions while people pay him for his time.

MONEY <---------------------------------------- SALESMAN

MONEY -------Goes this way --------> DOCTOR

Anyone see what I'm saying? In the end, the victor, in my opinion, is the doctor (or anyone with a wealth of knowledge). Though, it's probably just all based on how you look at it. I'd rather hit the books than scurry towards the pot of gold.
I agree with you to some degree...I opted out of college at 19 to pursue a career in real investments. I took 400k in which was saved for me by my parents for college and invested it in real estate rather than education. I would have been the first MALE in my family to go to college but decided not to. I come from a of business men who have taken a similar path to mine and have been very very successful. The knowledge i obtained from just countless hours in my dads office was more than i could have learned in the class room (on the same topic of course). I would have ended up in the same situation with or without college only difference would have been i would have had all 400k to invest.

Today between my father and I there is about 200+ million dollars worth of real estate in California that we own. You tell me what would you have done???
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:31 AM   #54

I'm not sure what all the haters are moaning about. Probablly that they waited 30 years to get this car, and he has it at 18. It doesn't matter how he got it or how much he paid. His ass is sittin in the same leather we are and he's 18, so props to you dude.

BTW I'm only 29 and I'll have a 996 or 997 in less than 5 years time, and I own a house and other toys. So what does that proove? Absolutly nothing. I'm as much of a dumb ass as the next guy.
986Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 12:42 PM   #55

Ill just throw in - don't go to medical school because you think you're gonna make it rich!!!! If someone fronts the bill for your education, you're off to a better start than most! The good ole days of medicine (70's and 80's) are long gone - the decades when being a doctor was a really respective thing in society and a very very lucrative career choice. - now, HMO's are cashing in big time and our reimbursements are getting smaller. Surgeons still make a good a living (money wise) but sacrifice a lot by still working 80+ hours a week (an assumed thing when you're a resident in training, but you hope to achieve a little more liveable schedule when you're an attending).

I tell everyone, who makes the joke about me being loaded - there are a million things I could have done a lot faster and easier if it were about the money. Play doctor cuz it's in your heart, make the $$$$ another way. In my case, hopefully the medical sci-fi novel I'm writing (maybe a future screenplay???- hey it worked for Michael Crichton - wrote his first book, Andromeda Strain while he was third year med student. I started mine during 2nd year)

I'll add, because I'm not done with all my training yet, I get lots a looks and comments because I own a new Porsche.
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 12:49 PM   #56

Trigemk, that's very impressive; good for you dude.

Going back to the title of this thread, the one thing I did want to mention was the first couple days when I bought this car. The first night, I went over to my buddy's house party, and I ended up with two women in my passenger seat for a quick ride. I drove around the neighborhood (within small streets) topping out at around 23mph because the "seat" is obviously not meant for 2 ppl.

Another time, I took my other girlfriend out. She was very impressed and excited. LOL. It turns out that she ended up telling everyone that I had a Ferrari. We all know how gossip can get around with girls, so at 26, I have been fortunate to be well-known as the Ferrari owner all throughout my friends.
ralegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:47 PM   #57

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Jim
I'm not sure what all the haters are moaning about. Probablly that they waited 30 years to get this car, and he has it at 18. It doesn't matter how he got it or how much he paid. His ass is sittin in the same leather we are and he's 18, so props to you dude.

Jim im in the same age group as Blinkwatt....Ill be 20 in 6days....

-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3