Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2015, 08:25 PM   #1
Lee M.

Garage
Post Hello, I'm new to the forum.

Hello, my name is Lee. I bought a 2003 blue on blue with grey interior boxster in november. I went to the dealership to buy a BMW 650ci and left with a boxster that was hidden in the back lot haha. I recently drove it from Dallas texas up to Seattle Washington and back down through colorado, but i wrecked it on my way to Wyoming on black ice... but i get it back on the 12th!

About me: I am currently 18, an interior design major at UNT(I think this is part of the reason that i want to do so many interior mods). My other car is a 2001 mercedes ML55 AMG, it was my dream car as a kid so I searched for over a year to find the perfect one haha.

Cars are my biggest hobby, I plan on doing many mods to my boxster mostly cosmetic.

my goals include
Leather wrapped door pockets
Leather wrapped center console
finding a black upper bezel in leather for the gauges
silver gauge rings like the boxster s
black side airbags
lining the pillars in black suede
bbs wheels (17")
And if I could get some help I really want to make the interior lights blue
and (maybe if i have the money) getting the outer parts of the seats done in black

paperbackman_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:53 PM   #2

Garage
Sorry about your accident. Be sure to post some pictures!

2002 Boxster Seal Gray Metallic: Desnorkled, Changed ashtray to non-smoker's bin, Removed stickers from sunvisors, Added rear speakers, LED Shifter, Porsche logo on trunk lid, New top with heated glass window, Aspheric Driver's Side Mirror Upgrade, More to come...
randy7601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:09 AM   #3

Garage
Welcome !
I recently redyed a set of navy blue seats black for my 02 S. Piece of cake and they turned out beautiful. Bought the dye from Leatherique and a cheap hvlp spray gun from Amazon. Follow the directions and you'll get professional results for way under $100. Be sure to diconnect the battery befor taking the seats out so you dont get the airbag warning light. And do a search on the tricky seat electrical connector.
Good luck!!
Phil C
Phil C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:23 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum. You are in for a treat, there are very helpful people on here with a wealth of information for you to cherish for a long time. Good luck with your projects and sorry to hear about your mishap but looks like your spirit in still intact. Cheers.

Oh, and pics would be nice please.
amitmishra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:56 PM   #5
Lee M.

Garage
Thanks y'all, I've been a shadow on this forum for a while but finally joined haha. I know as soon as I get my car back I am going to do my door pockets and center console, I have a weird pet peeve where I hate touching cheap plastics in a car... I've seen some boxsters on this forum with cool projector headlights and I'd love to find some but I can't find them anywhere.
paperbackman_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #6
Beginner

Garage
Welcome to the Forum , and so sorry to hear about your accident, that was bad luck. I've seen posts detailing what's needed for pretty much the whole list you posted so you're in the right place, and the posters showed excellent work too!
Old 01-03-2015, 07:04 PM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperbackman_07 View Post
Hello, my name is Lee. I bought a 2003 blue on blue with grey interior boxster in november. I went to the dealership to buy a BMW 650ci and left with a boxster that was hidden in the back lot haha. I recently drove it from Dallas texas up to Seattle Washington and back down through colorado, but i wrecked it on my way to Wyoming on black ice... but i get it back on the 12th!

About me: I am currently 18, an interior design major at UNT(I think this is part of the reason that i want to do so many interior mods). My other car is a 2001 mercedes ML55 AMG, it was my dream car as a kid so I searched for over a year to find the perfect one haha.

Cars are my biggest hobby, I plan on doing many mods to my boxster mostly cosmetic.

my goals include
Leather wrapped door pockets
Leather wrapped center console
finding a black upper bezel in leather for the gauges
silver gauge rings like the boxster s
black side airbags
lining the pillars in black suede
bbs wheels (17")
And if I could get some help I really want to make the interior lights blue
and (maybe if i have the money) getting the outer parts of the seats done in black
I'm looking at blue interior lights too. Some of it depends on the cluster you have.

Projector lights, happy reading. http://986forum.com/forums/diy-project-guides/48169-porsche-headlight-retrofit-%5B-cad-prototyping-finish.html
2003 S, 6 Speed, PCM, PSM, Bose, Litronics with washers, on its' second LN IMSB, comfort top, UDP, 987 engine mount, 997 RMS, Koni Sport Shocks, H&R springs, Techno brace, comfort blinkers, nin8six windscreen, particlewave light up cubby
Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:40 PM   #8

Where's big jake?
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #9

Garage
Hello, I'm new to the forum.

Dream car as a kid, you're still a kid. Can't believe these young guys in boxsters! (I kid, I am 17 myself!)

Welcome to the forum! I have a buddy with a 2010 ml and boy does he love that thing!

Sorry to hear about the wreck, welcome aboard and happy motoring!
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #10

Thanks for coming in Jake!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:51 PM   #11
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperbackman_07 View Post
I've seen some boxsters on this forum with cool projector headlights and I'd love to find some but I can't find them anywhere.
Welcome!

http://www.gtprojectors.com - The ultimate bi-xenon headlight retrofit kit for Sport & Super cars

Last edited by particlewave; 01-03-2015 at 10:53 PM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:33 AM   #12

Garage
Welcome! You can easily do the black on your seats on your own. I just finished repairing and readying mine. The passenger seat had a cigarette burn in it when I bought the car. Order the dye kit from LeatherWorld technologies. The stuff is amazing, my seats look new. One of the members a
Had posted pictures of his red seats, I was sceptical but figured I'd give it a shot before spending $1000 on new leathers. Take a look.....
RayW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW View Post
Welcome! You can easily do the black on your seats on your own. I just finished repairing and readying mine. The passenger seat had a cigarette burn in it when I bought the car. Order the dye kit from LeatherWorld technologies. The stuff is amazing, my seats look new. One of the members a
Had posted pictures of his red seats, I was sceptical but figured I'd give it a shot before spending $1000 on new leathers. Take a look.....
Really good job Ray, well done they look great.
Santafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:12 PM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW View Post
My seat has about a 2-3 inch tear on the driver's side back rest near the door. Any ideas as to how to repair that?
jdlmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:44 PM   #15

Garage
Check out the LeatherWorld website. I think as long as it's a pretty clean tear it may be fixable. It's worth the $90 to try it. I'd then dye the entire seat, it helps blend it in. They use a backing with a flexible glue, worked perfect on a small, 3/8" cigarette burn.

RayW is offline   Reply With Quote