Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2006, 02:23 PM   #1
blkboxster

z4

hey last night i was driven in an 04 or 05 bmw z4 2.5, it was good but not better then a boxster.The car skided alot on sharp tuns because all the weight is in the front of the car.has anybody else been in a z4?I think it only has 190 hp.

Old 03-25-2006, 03:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkboxster
hey last night i was driven in an 04 or 05 bmw z4 2.5, it was good but not better then a boxster.The car skided alot on sharp tuns because all the weight is in the front of the car.has anybody else been in a z4?I think it only has 190 hp.
I think it may be a base version without the sport suspension. Meaning all-season tires. BMWs have near 50/50 weight distribution so it's not the weight in front of the car. It just looks like it has all the weight in front due to the long hood and short deck. I have driven a Z3 which has similar proportions. It's a different driving experience with that long hood in front of you and you're sitting further to the back. Unlike the boxster where you're sitting more in the middle with the sound of the engine coming from the back. Both feel very different but comparable when it comes to the fun-o-meter.
jr1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:31 PM   #3

Wink

I had a z3 with the 2.8L engine and 5 sp manual. I loved the car, the looks and the way it handled. Pretty zippy too, as the BMW six is a honey of an engine.

The only downside for me was the quality of the interior and top was for ****************.

Too bad, another grand or so and it could have changed the car totally for me.

Still liked it though.

PS- the m roadster is a very quick car with a nicer interior.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
I had a z3 with the 2.8L engine and 5 sp manual. I loved the car, the looks and the way it handled. Pretty zippy too, as the BMW six is a honey of an engine.

The only downside for me was the quality of the interior and top was for ****************.

Too bad, another grand or so and it could have changed the car totally for me.

Still liked it though.

PS- the m roadster is a very quick car with a nicer interior.
Have you seen the pics and info for the new Z4 M? I still don't care for the looks but they're dropping the previous M3 engine into it. Things going to be a Boxster S killer! Yet another reason to bump that horsepower to 300+ for the S....

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverpete
Have you seen the pics and info for the new Z4 M? I still don't care for the looks but they're dropping the previous M3 engine into it. Things going to be a Boxster S killer! Yet another reason to bump that horsepower to 300+ for the S....

Should be a great performer but I hate the looks.

A late model m roadster is the deal. With some help from Dinan, it screams.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote