986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   z4 (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5495)

blkboxster 03-25-2006 02:23 PM

z4

hey last night i was driven in an 04 or 05 bmw z4 2.5, it was good but not better then a boxster.The car skided alot on sharp tuns because all the weight is in the front of the car.has anybody else been in a z4?I think it only has 190 hp.

jr1966 03-25-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkboxster
hey last night i was driven in an 04 or 05 bmw z4 2.5, it was good but not better then a boxster.The car skided alot on sharp tuns because all the weight is in the front of the car.has anybody else been in a z4?I think it only has 190 hp.

I think it may be a base version without the sport suspension. Meaning all-season tires. BMWs have near 50/50 weight distribution so it's not the weight in front of the car. It just looks like it has all the weight in front due to the long hood and short deck. I have driven a Z3 which has similar proportions. It's a different driving experience with that long hood in front of you and you're sitting further to the back. Unlike the boxster where you're sitting more in the middle with the sound of the engine coming from the back. Both feel very different but comparable when it comes to the fun-o-meter.

Brucelee 03-25-2006 04:31 PM

I had a z3 with the 2.8L engine and 5 sp manual. I loved the car, the looks and the way it handled. Pretty zippy too, as the BMW six is a honey of an engine.

The only downside for me was the quality of the interior and top was for ****************.

Too bad, another grand or so and it could have changed the car totally for me.

Still liked it though.

PS- the m roadster is a very quick car with a nicer interior.

denverpete 03-26-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucelee
I had a z3 with the 2.8L engine and 5 sp manual. I loved the car, the looks and the way it handled. Pretty zippy too, as the BMW six is a honey of an engine.

The only downside for me was the quality of the interior and top was for ****************.

Too bad, another grand or so and it could have changed the car totally for me.

Still liked it though.

PS- the m roadster is a very quick car with a nicer interior.

Have you seen the pics and info for the new Z4 M? I still don't care for the looks but they're dropping the previous M3 engine into it. Things going to be a Boxster S killer! Yet another reason to bump that horsepower to 300+ for the S....

Brucelee 03-26-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverpete
Have you seen the pics and info for the new Z4 M? I still don't care for the looks but they're dropping the previous M3 engine into it. Things going to be a Boxster S killer! Yet another reason to bump that horsepower to 300+ for the S....

Should be a great performer but I hate the looks.

A late model m roadster is the deal. With some help from Dinan, it screams.