Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #1

Smile I feel like I know you guys

Over the last 2 years I have read almost every thread on this site. I have been up til the next morning many nights. Until now I have been a bystander. God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason ya know. Anyway, this forum is great and it is because of the people on it. I feel like I actually know some of the more prolific posters personalities now.

Well I feel it is time to share my experiences. I wanted a porsche since I was about 7 years old. I nearly flunked out of school drawing 911s on my paper while the teacher was lecturing. This occured all the way through high school as well.

2 years ago I bought a 99 boxster w 17 k miles from a carmax store. It was flawless. I immediatly took it to my the Porsche Dealership for 30k service. I wanted all new fluids and plugs to start my experience. Soon after I bought it I started reading about cylinder liner failures and RMS issues. I have alot of dreams and most of them were about catastrophic engine failures. Not a fun way to sleep. Well after 2 years that boxster never leaked a drip and the engine didnt blow up. I did have to replace the MAF, window regulator, and fuel vent valve. That damn check engne light cost me 600 bucks a few times. I loved my car I just couldnt relax with it being a 99.

Well im on my second boxster now. I trraded it for a 2003 boxster, 12k miles, arctic silver. Love it. 911 quality interior, glass rear window, a 2.7, and most important 18 months porsche warranty. This car is so clean it looks brand new. I took it immediately to the porsche dealer for a 15k service and brake flush.

I can sleep now.

The funniest part of my paranoia is that every car i have owned my entire life has been a stick. I used to belive that if you bought a tiptronic porsche you should be dragged into the street and shot, no questions asked. Well my second porsche is my first automatic ever, and ive owned 8 cars now. Im sure most of you know this but (tiptronics rarely suffer RMS probs and when they do they rarely need a new engine). The weight of the trans is much better supported in a tip. Well i guess hell just froze over cause im driving an automatic.

Well in closing, I look forward to talking with all my new porsche friends.

Finallygottaporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
bmussatti

Congrats! Now please post some pictures!!
Old 03-23-2006, 06:02 PM   #3

As soon as a take some pictures of the new one, ill post pics of the old one and the new one.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:47 AM   #4
fab

Congrats! I have a tiptronic too. Can't complain. I drive in the city alot. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. I tried stick, it's nice, but for me tip works for now.
painted bumperettes
autoband paint protection
wheel caps & colored crests
door sills
Valentine One
fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 03:41 AM   #5

Congratulations! Sounds like a great car. The tip's fine - our other 2 cars (the ones we commute in) are both autos. Stop'n'go shifting is a pain with a stick -
Long wait for the Porsche, was for me too, but very well worth it! Welcome to the forum.
limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:33 AM   #6

Smile

Best of luck. The 03 is a very nice upgrade and you will not regret it.

Pix ASAP!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallygottaporsche
I used to belive that if you bought a tiptronic porsche you should be dragged into the street and shot, no questions asked.
Hahaha, lol. I share the same feelings, however that will change when Porsche comes out with thier DSG tranny SOON which will replace the autos and shift better than a manual, F1 style!

Hopefully by that time (2 years) I will be able to get either a Caymen S or 997 S with that tranny. :dance:

KRZ

Voghtland 30-50mm Coilovers
19x8.5 x 19x10 Forgline rims
Magnaflow Exhaust
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:04 AM   #8

Let me add my congratulations to the collection!
PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #9

I want a Cayman too. I cant afford it yet. Maybe by the time I can afford it porsche will give it a little more power. The Cayman platform could be a Ferarri killer if porsche would let it. Hell, it could be a 911 killer.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:16 PM   #10

Congrats on your new Box!! Just think of all the times you're stuck in stop-and-go traffic and you can flip to auto when you think poorly of the Tip. We wish we had it many times when it's 10', stop, 10', stop......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallygottaporsche
I wanted a porsche since I was about 7 years old. I nearly flunked out of school drawing 911s on my paper while the teacher was lecturing.
This has got to be a guy thing. I used to draw rock stuff all the time like band logos, Eddie from Iron Maiden, etc. ROFL

1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote