View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
Finallygottaporsche

Smile I feel like I know you guys

Over the last 2 years I have read almost every thread on this site. I have been up til the next morning many nights. Until now I have been a bystander. God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason ya know. Anyway, this forum is great and it is because of the people on it. I feel like I actually know some of the more prolific posters personalities now.

Well I feel it is time to share my experiences. I wanted a porsche since I was about 7 years old. I nearly flunked out of school drawing 911s on my paper while the teacher was lecturing. This occured all the way through high school as well.

2 years ago I bought a 99 boxster w 17 k miles from a carmax store. It was flawless. I immediatly took it to my the Porsche Dealership for 30k service. I wanted all new fluids and plugs to start my experience. Soon after I bought it I started reading about cylinder liner failures and RMS issues. I have alot of dreams and most of them were about catastrophic engine failures. Not a fun way to sleep. Well after 2 years that boxster never leaked a drip and the engine didnt blow up. I did have to replace the MAF, window regulator, and fuel vent valve. That damn check engne light cost me 600 bucks a few times. I loved my car I just couldnt relax with it being a 99.

Well im on my second boxster now. I trraded it for a 2003 boxster, 12k miles, arctic silver. Love it. 911 quality interior, glass rear window, a 2.7, and most important 18 months porsche warranty. This car is so clean it looks brand new. I took it immediately to the porsche dealer for a 15k service and brake flush.

I can sleep now.

The funniest part of my paranoia is that every car i have owned my entire life has been a stick. I used to belive that if you bought a tiptronic porsche you should be dragged into the street and shot, no questions asked. Well my second porsche is my first automatic ever, and ive owned 8 cars now. Im sure most of you know this but (tiptronics rarely suffer RMS probs and when they do they rarely need a new engine). The weight of the trans is much better supported in a tip. Well i guess hell just froze over cause im driving an automatic.

Well in closing, I look forward to talking with all my new porsche friends.
Finallygottaporsche is offline   Reply With Quote