Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #1
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Sold the Silver Surfer

I wasn't driving the 981 enough, I found my back is much better in a more SUV/Truck position. Also whenever I took trips to the Mountains my buddy and I would take his 911 C4S because he can't drive the whole way. Going in two cars wasn't happening. So mainly I used it to scoot around on weekends.

My original plan was to sell my truck, buy a 2005 Cayenne Turbo as a daily driver and keep the Boxster. Well I test drove a new Cayenne Diesel and decided heck I can sell both the Boxster and the Truck and have only vehicle that is easier on me and still is a Porsche.

So I ended up trading the 981. She didn't go to a good home like my previous two did. They are asking a TON for it, but I'm sure they would bargain. Anyone that knows me on this forum knows my cars are kept like new. If anyone is looking for a perfect 2013 981 with 7k miles send me a PM. I'll make sure you get a good deal, and heck if they don't want to move it, too bad for them.

Guess I still feel the love for it.

WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Nooooooo!!!!!

Just can't find the words
Old 11-07-2014, 04:38 PM   #3

Garage
How is the Diesel? Enough torque to tow the White House? What do you think of the tiptronic as apposed to the pdk (if you had it in your 981.)
And while it may be an suv, we still want pics! Goodluck trying to find the boxster a nice home.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Yes it's been a month and a half and I'm starting to miss the Boxster . I figure down the road there will be another one. Usually I sell to someone that will thoroughly love the car...but he is sitting on a lot lonely.

The Cayenne is very nice. I love the low end torque, it's intoxicating. I do sometimes wish for a red line of 7k instead of 4.5k especially at high speed when I want that slingshot feeling. Around town though the diesel engine is awesome, just a slight tap of the gas and zoom. The turbo has almost no lag. Gas mileage is amazing. Drove to the Adirondacks and back last month and averaged 34mpg and that was using a cetane of 40. With a higher cetane the mpq jumps even more, hard to find though. I like being in a 4800lb vehicle and not having to fill up every week. Six to seven hundred miles on a tank.

I installed a dash cam too. The video didn't upload so well but if you advance to 1:48 I turn away from the low fall sun and it gets pretty clear. Tiesfung A118 - YouTube

Here is the Black Widow P!G:

Old 11-08-2014, 05:53 AM   #5

Garage
Great looking Cayenne! When the time comes to get rid of my truck, this would be high on my list! I really don't haul a lot of stuff, I figure I can always find a small utility trailer for that occasional need. It would be tough to see your former pride and joy sitting on a used car lot, I feel for ya
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Oh and the Tiptronic is pretty nice. I drive my buddies Macan with PDC a lot and it is definitely nicer, though the the average person that probably buys the Cayennes is probably not going to notice much difference.

Now of course on the Diesel it redlines at 4500 so it has to get through 8 gears pretty fast. I think the best comparison is to my 2009 E Class I sold a while back. It had a nice 7 speed auto.

I think the only other Porsche Tiptronic I drove was a very old Boxster and a newer 911 right before they came out with PDK. Whatever is in this Cayenne is definitely nicer.