Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #1

FVD Exhaust coolant line modification for tiptronic

Hi,
I live in Australia.
I have a problem with my exhaust system that I’m trying to fit to my 2004 Porsche Boxster. I purchased a 2nd FVD full sound system form
someone who had it on his 2003 Boxster. Both models are S. The problem I’m having is that I bought it of a car that has the manual transmission. My car
is the auto tiptronic. The header on the right hand side hits hard up against the water cooler pipe and doesn’t seem to fit right. I had a local exhaust installer try to fit it yesterday but was unable to do so. I really need some help here. We still left the FVD muffler on for the time being and had to keep the original headers and cats on until we find a solution. A few questions need to be answered I have listed them below.

Does the automatic version of the Boxster have different headers to the manual to allow for the cooler pipe that the manuals don't appear to have?

If the headers are the same how do I re-route the water cooler pipe and not have it hard up against the extractors? There seems to be a T junction which makes it difficult to re-route near the extractors sit.

With just the FVD muffler fitted only, there is an awful drone between 2000 and 3000 rpm. Will this go away with the full system?

What do I need to do to fix all the problems above?

On the FVD web site there is nothing about ordering for a manual or auto.There are 2 photos,are they of the same system?

Is the exhaust system suitable for automatics or are automatics prone to droning due to their set up?

If any one can answer as soon as possible I would appreciate it and is there anything else I need to purchase then let me know and I will do so.

Please try and stay on the subject and if your not sure then don't reply.

werner Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote