Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2014, 06:28 AM   #1

BBS LM wheels ?

I am looking at a set of these wheels that are used and in very good condition. 18" Boxster fitment and will also fit my 996 . What should I pay for these wheels ? looking for to negotiate a price for them .

jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:54 AM   #2

They're discontinued and in high demand so get them while you still can.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:02 AM   #3

When I was looking for wheels for my 993 last year it was going to be either BBS LM's or RUF's, I found a set of RUF's freshly refinished at a good price and bought them.

Here is the info I had on the BBS LM's;

- As of Spring of 2013 the Tire Rack could still order them, once BBS had a large enough standing order they would produce them but would give no firm production date. Cost through the Tire Rack was $3700 for an 18" set 8" fronts and 10" rears.

- Wheel Enhancements sold the same as above for almost the same exact price, the wheels were used but refinished to look as new;

BBS LM

During my search they sold used for $2500 to $3500 for a nice set of 4, that was for the BBS LM's or the RUF's and they usually didn't last long either. The RUF's that I had purchased late last year (they are also out of production) have gone up in price by $1000 per set and people are paying it, kind of surprising.

Also, make sure they are REAL BBS rims, there are alot of fakes out there. During my search there were a few sets for sale on CL that people were trying to move as BBS LM's but were knock-offs. If real they will have BBS cast into the centers like these:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=BBS&wheelModel=LM&wheelFinish=Bright+Sil+w%2FMach+Lip

Ekam is probably correct since BBS seemed to be phasing them out a year and a half back. IMO it is one of the best looking wheels out there. Good Luck.......

Last edited by coreseller; 08-31-2014 at 08:24 AM.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:24 PM   #4

Some great info. I guess that is why he will not budge on the price.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacabean View Post
Some great info. I guess that is why he will not budge on the price.
As Ekam said get them while you can. I have not really followed the market closely but IMO if you buy them at a decent price you should be able to recoup most if not more than what you paid for them, again, make sure they are the real deal before paying.

I paid $2800 for mine last December (got very lucky and bought them within hours of seller posting them), I've seen them (RUF's) go for over $4k for a nice set since.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:03 AM   #6

I am going to look at the wheels this afternoon . i am not going to pay his asking price so we shall see .
Old 09-01-2014, 08:21 AM   #7

Has anybody seen the new Fuchs? I believe they are in this same price range and the ad pics look very nice.
tdubdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #8

So I ended buying the wheels . they are in good condition with only some surface scratches no dings or rash of any kind . i also got the BBS center caps that were never used. now for some tires . front is an 8" and the rear is a 9.5" . what are the widest tires i can run on these without issues ? I would like to run a 245 front and 285 rear but i think they may be a little to big .

Old 09-02-2014, 02:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacabean View Post
So I ended buying the wheels . they are in good condition with only some surface scratches no dings or rash of any kind . i also got the BBS center caps that were never used. now for some tires . front is an 8" and the rear is a 9.5" . what are the widest tires i can run on these without issues ? I would like to run a 245 front and 285 rear but i think they may be a little to big .

They look good!! The 285's may be a touch big but my guess is that they would fit, 245's should also fit. If it were me I'd stick with the 225/40 up front and 265/35 in back, going wider will change how the car handles, again that's me.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:44 AM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
They look good!! The 285's may be a touch big but my guess is that they would fit, 245's should also fit. If it were me I'd stick with the 225/40 up front and 265/35 in back, going wider will change how the car handles, again that's me.
+1 on this advice. Great looking wheels and congrats on the purchase! I spent a year looking for a good set of BBS Sport Classic II's which have the same look as yours. Definitely a great looking wheel. I am looking forward to your pics with them installed

iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is online now   Reply With Quote