Thread: BBS LM wheels ?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 08:02 AM   #3
coreseller

When I was looking for wheels for my 993 last year it was going to be either BBS LM's or RUF's, I found a set of RUF's freshly refinished at a good price and bought them.

Here is the info I had on the BBS LM's;

- As of Spring of 2013 the Tire Rack could still order them, once BBS had a large enough standing order they would produce them but would give no firm production date. Cost through the Tire Rack was $3700 for an 18" set 8" fronts and 10" rears.

- Wheel Enhancements sold the same as above for almost the same exact price, the wheels were used but refinished to look as new;

BBS LM

During my search they sold used for $2500 to $3500 for a nice set of 4, that was for the BBS LM's or the RUF's and they usually didn't last long either. The RUF's that I had purchased late last year (they are also out of production) have gone up in price by $1000 per set and people are paying it, kind of surprising.

Also, make sure they are REAL BBS rims, there are alot of fakes out there. During my search there were a few sets for sale on CL that people were trying to move as BBS LM's but were knock-offs. If real they will have BBS cast into the centers like these:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=BBS&wheelModel=LM&wheelFinish=Bright+Sil+w%2FMach+Lip

Ekam is probably correct since BBS seemed to be phasing them out a year and a half back. IMO it is one of the best looking wheels out there. Good Luck.......

Last edited by coreseller; 08-31-2014 at 08:24 AM.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote