Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2006, 03:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Caliper Sticker question: Will the stickers from xenonmod.com fall off or peel off if I do not clearcoat my calipers after I've painted them red and applied my stickers?

Anyone on this board done the painting and caliper stickers from this ebay seller and NOT clear coated over them? How long have the stickers lasted? How do you clean your calipers to insure the stickers don't get scrubbed off?

I just can't imagine taking off my rims and masking off the whole wheel area AGAIN (and covering the whole car for that matter) just to clear coat spray the calipers to keep the stickers on.

But, I will if I must. I do not want to have to fiddle with the stickers in six months or whatever...

RandallNeighbor, I've been putting off this project for a while now. Our BOx has the standard black which is fading. Colored calipers add such a dimension. Please inform us how you progress and post pix after you're done. I'm curious how it turns out.

jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
they will not peel off if applied nicely. after they are painted, wait till they are dry, use some soapy water to rinse them off and clean any excess dirt that may have gotten on there. make sure that its not cold out when putting the decals on.
put them on, then use a credit card of something like that and rub them in good, like go over the transfer tape at least like 20 times, w ur fingers, card and whatever else u may have...pell it off and ure done.

like i said b4, i had them on my camaro, same vendow, xenonmods, and they held up. a lot of my friends have done the same thing with same results, thats y i didnt bother clearcoating them

exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote