Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2006, 09:58 AM   #1
bmussatti
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Weltmeister Wheel Spacers

I read this today regarding wheel spacers, and thought I would share with the forum:




Fits all 5-bolt Porsche. Per pair.

Weltmeister engineered Turbo Star spacers are 40% lighter than heavy solid spacers and over 10% lighter than Factory spacers (they also cost 25% to 50% less). Computer tests show Turbo Star spacer design is safe against deformation at greater than 7g cornering load! These strong 6061-T6 aluminum spacers come in three widths and require longer wheel studs. 21mm spacers require 66mm wheel studs; 27mm spacers require 72mm studs; 54mm spacers require 100mm studs.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
I read this today regarding wheel spacers, and thought I would share with the forum:




Fits all 5-bolt Porsche. Per pair.

Weltmeister engineered Turbo Star spacers are 40% lighter than heavy solid spacers and over 10% lighter than Factory spacers (they also cost 25% to 50% less). Computer tests show Turbo Star spacer design is safe against deformation at greater than 7g cornering load! These strong 6061-T6 aluminum spacers come in three widths and require longer wheel studs. 21mm spacers require 66mm wheel studs; 27mm spacers require 72mm studs; 54mm spacers require 100mm studs.
Any idea how much the spacers run? Are wheel studs hard to replace? Seems like you would need some special tools or something..
__________________
http://static.flickr.com/108/315105667_db319d2142.jpg
2001 Lapis Blue 986
ephidaboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #3
bmussatti
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
ephidaboost, go to www.********************************************************************.com.

They have 'em!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #4
bmussatti
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Here is what they look like:
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
bmussatti
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ephidaboost
Any idea how much the spacers run? Are wheel studs hard to replace? Seems like you would need some special tools or something..
ephidaboost, I think the term "studs" refers to wheel bolts??
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:10 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,052
Nah, the studs are the actual bolts that the lug nuts fit onto. They're not hard to replace but you do have to press them in and out. I don't know, probably something you'd want the wheel shop to do.

As for these spacers, I'd be a little worried about the decreased surface area perhaps.
__________________
2005 Seal Grey Boxster S
987 Amberectomy
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
As for these spacers, I'd be a little worried about the decreased surface area perhaps.
actually, if you look at the back of a Porsche wheel, it looks like the weltmeister spacers. the surface area of the spacer is the same as that of the wheel's mating surface.
__________________
insite
'99 Boxster
3.4L Conversion

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:04 PM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,052
True, but the spacer's meant to act as an extension of the hub, not an extension of the wheel, if you get my meaning. I'm truly not sure how much it matters though.

__________________
2005 Seal Grey Boxster S
987 Amberectomy
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page