986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Weltmeister Wheel Spacers (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5271)

bmussatti 03-03-2006 09:58 AM

Weltmeister Wheel Spacers

I read this today regarding wheel spacers, and thought I would share with the forum:

Fits all 5-bolt Porsche. Per pair.

Weltmeister engineered Turbo Star spacers are 40% lighter than heavy solid spacers and over 10% lighter than Factory spacers (they also cost 25% to 50% less). Computer tests show Turbo Star spacer design is safe against deformation at greater than 7g cornering load! These strong 6061-T6 aluminum spacers come in three widths and require longer wheel studs. 21mm spacers require 66mm wheel studs; 27mm spacers require 72mm studs; 54mm spacers require 100mm studs.

ephidaboost 03-03-2006 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
I read this today regarding wheel spacers, and thought I would share with the forum:

Fits all 5-bolt Porsche. Per pair.

Weltmeister engineered Turbo Star spacers are 40% lighter than heavy solid spacers and over 10% lighter than Factory spacers (they also cost 25% to 50% less). Computer tests show Turbo Star spacer design is safe against deformation at greater than 7g cornering load! These strong 6061-T6 aluminum spacers come in three widths and require longer wheel studs. 21mm spacers require 66mm wheel studs; 27mm spacers require 72mm studs; 54mm spacers require 100mm studs.

Any idea how much the spacers run? Are wheel studs hard to replace? Seems like you would need some special tools or something..

bmussatti 03-03-2006 11:13 AM

ephidaboost, go to www.********************************************************************.com.

They have 'em!

bmussatti 03-03-2006 11:23 AM

Here is what they look like:

bmussatti 03-03-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ephidaboost
Any idea how much the spacers run? Are wheel studs hard to replace? Seems like you would need some special tools or something..

ephidaboost, I think the term "studs" refers to wheel bolts??

eslai 03-03-2006 01:10 PM

Nah, the studs are the actual bolts that the lug nuts fit onto. They're not hard to replace but you do have to press them in and out. I don't know, probably something you'd want the wheel shop to do.

As for these spacers, I'd be a little worried about the decreased surface area perhaps.

insite 03-03-2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eslai
As for these spacers, I'd be a little worried about the decreased surface area perhaps.

actually, if you look at the back of a Porsche wheel, it looks like the weltmeister spacers. the surface area of the spacer is the same as that of the wheel's mating surface.

eslai 03-03-2006 02:04 PM

True, but the spacer's meant to act as an extension of the hub, not an extension of the wheel, if you get my meaning. I'm truly not sure how much it matters though.