Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2014, 07:10 AM   #21
Gone

Garage
I gave this thread a high rating. Mosly because of all the cool incidental bikes. Ha

Davev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:17 AM   #22

I actually like that Duc SS 900 -A LOT. Stole & saved the picture from this thread (don't tell). Clean bike, and will worth good dosh in a only a few years. Some of ya are lucky owners (arggg!)
Old 05-04-2014, 07:20 AM   #23

Garage
You folk make me always want a bike.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:29 AM   #24
Gone

Garage
Forgot to say hi to new guy Jboe. Too much excitement looking at Ducs and CBR's.

Jboe I also drive an '03 S.
Davev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #25

SEE-BEE-ERRRRRRRRRRRR

hrrrrrr I give up
Old 05-04-2014, 01:31 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
I actually like that Duc SS 900 -A LOT. Stole & saved the picture from this thread (don't tell). Clean bike, and will worth good dosh in a only a few years. Some of ya are lucky owners (arggg!)
I love the 900's. They are one of the best street bikes from their era. A buddy of mine, lucky dog, has 2 of them all done up. He also has a Paul Smart that is a signature version. Awesome bikes and they just keep getting better. I'm working on the 899. Unfortunately I buy and sell a lot of my toys as I always find something new and exciting that I want... and never make any profits. The wife's not too keen on that. At least she doesn't ever mess with my golfing habits. lol.
JBoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
Hey, that's my car! You could spell my name from yours too!

As long as track bike pics are appearing, here's my 1997 Ducati SS/SP. Not "Firebird" fast, but 317 lbs., and more fun than should be allowed on 2 wheels!

Nice... and a little weird at the same time. The name n car info is border line spooky. If you live in SoCal I'd say that you were an alien impostor!! HA!
Old 05-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davev View Post
Forgot to say hi to new guy Jboe. Too much excitement looking at Ducs and CBR's.

Jboe I also drive an '03 S.
Hello and nice to cyber meet you. I may have to ping some questions off you later seeing as we have the same model/yr. Good info...
Old 05-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #29

I still haven't seen my classified pop up yet. I've been waiting to add pics to it. About how long does it take to get approval? I sent a pm to "rkwei" and haven't hear back. Is there something else I need to do?

Also, let me know if I'm wasting my time trying to sell the PSE from my car. Perhaps I should just scrap it?
Old 05-04-2014, 02:30 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Noooooo no no no, NOT Firebird, it's "Fireblade"
Sorry, my brain fart . Around here we call them CBRs, not Fireblades! I know what they are; I owned the first red, white and blue 1992 CBR 900 RR sold in Wyoming, and put 48,000 miles on it before I sold it. Even toured on it with soft luggage.

And welcome to the forum JBoe! My Boxster is a 2003 S also. As for the Ducati, I actually own 2 900 SSs, a 1998 FE (final edition) and the 1997 track bike. They are wonderfully simple and light bikes, with more than enough power for me. I actually owned an MV Agusta F4-1000s, and sold it because my 900 SS track bike, while making about 1/2 as much horsepower, was way more fun to ride on the track. And a 186 mph street bike is just begging for tickets, or to become a hood ornament on a beer truck!

Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote