Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2006, 03:34 PM   #1

FK1 Ultra Slick Poly Detailing Spray

Taking a chance on yet another detailing product. Quick Detailing Sprays have not really impressed (too many to list) but Apparently this FK1 #425 is getting the detailing addicts excited. Very slick, very glossy, works equally well with the synthetic sealants like Klasse SG and revives expensive short lived Carnaubas like S100 and P21S. Look for this thread later, will post picks.

#425 Ultra Slick Poly Wipe 1 Quart $15
http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm

by the way, these guys are know for the dust repelling anti-static additives in their products. Many people use their sprays on TV and PC screens.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 02-22-2006 at 03:39 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #2

just used this company's sealant and quick detailer (FX100 and #425 respectively)

FX100 is maybe the best synth. sealant I've used on my wheels. Wiped it on the wheels out in the sun and the gloss was immediate. The Finish Kare products are well known for its dust repelling properties. I was using NXT but that comes nowhere close to giving this much shine. Probably because NXT is one of those combination products where it trie to clean and seal and hide swirls.
It has bannana smell about it that's very pleasant.

Ok onto the hype, the #425 was causing lots of commotion. Had to find out what all the fuss was about. After quick wash I immediately sprayed the whole car twice using the FX100 (over my existing coats of Klasse Selant glaze). Very nice result. I love Klasse but you can't do it quickly. Sealing in spray form in a 1-2-3 snap is awesome...ok I'm digressing out comes the pink liquid (in nice liter size bottles, yes liters) #425. I spread it all over (bubble gum smell) using my Meguiar's Buffing towel (very good product from a brand I rarely buy) and I could immediately FEEL what all the fuss was about. As I was buffing I could feel my jeans gliding over the paint. The surface is indeed super slick! Longevity of these products is said to be superior to anything else on the market.

I'll do a few more coats of the FX100 sealant now that my car is in the heated parking garage and tommorow I'll unearth the S100 Carnauaba wax. #425 is said to be equally good a returning gloss and slickness to both natural products like
Carnauba waxes like S100 and P21s and synthetic sealants like Klasse SG.

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-04-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #3

Oh I bought a bottle of this stuff on your recommendation and while it's nice I can't tell what the big deal is just yet. My car had just been clayed and waxed a week prior though, so to me it just feels as slick as it already did.

Smells nice though and they give you a lot for the price at least. I'm happy.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #4

did they wax your car with a sealant or a Carnauba topper? I can say without hesitation the paint has never been this slippery. As I closed the door the paint just slid right from my fingers. That's never happened before.

But I did however use FK's sealant over my Klasse AIO and SG base. so maybe that affected my results of #425. And That FK 100 sealant does a really impressive job on wheels in only a few strokes. I was just looking at the car under some parking lights and the shine was equal to what I would only have gotten with at least 6 Klasse SG and S100 layers each (many hours) I got those same results after only 15 minutes of the Finish Kare products. Being an American company I think their low cost prices, low cost shipping and generous quantities are going to make them my long term choice.

Tommorow the S100 icing goes on this cake and I will take some pictures.

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-04-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:50 PM   #5

stardate: March 5th

I though I would add some more feedback because today I noticed something cool.

Last night I had the car parked in a heated garage and added another layer of FX100 sealant and the #425 Ultra Slick. Drove over to a local stripmall and looked over the paint...still dust free! Had to wait for a friend so I decided to add the S100 Carnauba wax topper while I waited. Came back an hour later and the surface was dusty with dusty dirty stuff.
I doused each panel with spring water and wiped (downward strokes) the dust away with a waffle weave towel. Applied another layer of #425 over the S100.

And hour later...same shine ZERO dust.

ok here's the kicker. an email from FK says their FX100 sealant can be applied over any number of layers of Carnauba wax.
this is a no no with a high end sealant like Klasse SG!
So in theory you can lock in each layer of Carnauba.

People might say why do I need a slick surface? Now I see why. The windier the day the better but #425 does its job. Even without wind the anti-static properties of #425 repel dust.

I wish I knew about this product when I had my black car!
Old 03-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #6

Okay, I've changed my mind, this stuff is awesome. Just got my car back from the dealer and they washed it for me but yeah, it had a lot of friction on the surface. I wiped it all down with this stuff and whoa....

Yeah, so it brings back that "freshly waxed" feeling--where you can throw a towel across the hood and it'll slide off the other side.

Good stuff, will be recommending it to everyone.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:49 PM   #7

mention autopia on your next online order and you'll get 10% off.

by the way, so far I'm super impressed with their other product FX100.
This unchartered territory, I can actually put down some of that expensive
Carnauba like S100 or Souveran and I don't have to strip it all off it I wanted
to add a sealant again. this will make Carauba layers last 10X's longer.
But at the end the 425 is the last product to touch the paint.

I'm buying a gallon of each product. This stuff is going to be very handly come Racing season. The lowest effort shine so far.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:56 PM   #8

Aw man, I didn't know they were affiliated with Autopia, I would've used the code the first time!
Old 03-16-2006, 04:15 PM   #9
bmussatti

Perfectlap...your car would look really good with side skirts!!
Old 03-16-2006, 04:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
Aw man, I didn't know they were affiliated with Autopia, I would've used the code the first time!

Damn it.....I just ordered that stuff....sending them an email to get the 10% off before it ships.

KRZ

OK, they were able to cancel my order and I added the FX100 and 425.

Very excited, Torrey Pines (yes that's his name) was an awesome resource.

KRZ

Voghtland 30-50mm Coilovers
19x8.5 x 19x10 Forgline rims
Magnaflow Exhaust

Last edited by KRZTACO; 03-17-2006 at 11:16 AM.
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Perfectlap...your car would look really good with side skirts!!
that's funny last night my parking attendant said: from the side it looks just like that (pointing to 996 911 cab, same color) must be the " rockers"
I'll take a picture tonight.

Finish Kare isn't affiliated with Autopia but so many orders have come in from that message board that they decided to give 10%. you might want to call about the discount because they ship super quick. I had it in 2 days from California to NJ.
Their Pink Wax has anti-dust properties as well. Ask for a sample of that or the FX100 sealant. The FX100 is REALLY good on wheels. Shiny at night, Shiny in the sun.

p.s.
don't spray the 425 onto your towel, its too thick. You'll end using too much product. I spray it direct across each panel, it won't mist of the bottle it comes out in stream. I let the 425 run down each panel and using a short nap polishing towel like Sonus Der Wunder Polising towel I spred it around in top down vertical motions. To actually buff it out i Follow up with a buffing towel like this Meguiar's Buffing which you can find over the counter.
The bottle is big because the stuff is thick! You'll go through a quarter bottle fast.
Best to get their gallon size (box with a spiggot) and just transfer a smaller amount to another spray bottle.

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-17-2006 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #12

Yeah, their spray bottle sucks. I was able to close the nozzle down enough to where it'll actually mist somewhat but it's rather uneven.