Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2017, 05:06 PM   #1
Beginner

Garage
Took a trip to Woody's

Highly recommended - if you ever wondered what was under the skin of your Boxster, walking around Woody's solves the mystery. As always Woody is a straight up great guy and an encyclopedia on Boxsters. I did buy a few parts and Woody threw in a top and frame for me to dissect at home.

Litronics! Took a little polishing but they look great! I had a shopping list of Boxster bits and Woody was all over supplying the pieces

Can you tell which one is Litronic? I can finally install the kit from Fred into the original housings and get rid of the burned lenses I've lived with since I bought the car.

I also bought other stuff, and nearly turned around on my way out to impulse buy a couple of fenders. Maybe I should have turned around... Well there's always next time.

Old 03-11-2017, 05:18 PM   #2

Wish I was closer. I know I can PM and get anything but walking around a bone yard is a blast.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:32 PM   #3

It was great seeing you again. Now I'm almost regretting not keeping those for myself.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
Wish I was closer. I know I can PM and get anything but walking around a bone yard is a blast.
It's probably a good thing I don't live closer as I'd be over at Woody's all the time.

Actually, here's an idea: Woody, you need to turn your yard into a resort for Boxster people. You could have tours, technical clinics, etc. Get a liquor license and open a bar. We'd need to figure out lodging, but that's a solvable problem. You could build a stretch Boxster limo to pick up guests from the airport.

I even have a name for the resort: Club 986.
Need_for_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:44 AM   #5
B6T

Why would you tear apart a set of litronics to install aftermarket HIDs? Why not just use a pair of halogen clear lights?
B6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_for_speed View Post
It's probably a good thing I don't live closer as I'd be over at Woody's all the time.

Actually, here's an idea: Woody, you need to turn your yard into a resort for Boxster people. You could have tours, technical clinics, etc. Get a liquor license and open a bar. We'd need to figure out lodging, but that's a solvable problem. You could build a stretch Boxster limo to pick up guests from the airport.

I even have a name for the resort: Club 986.
LOL, Sounds like a plan.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:59 AM   #7
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by B6T View Post
Why would you tear apart a set of litronics to install aftermarket HIDs? Why not just use a pair of halogen clear lights?
The yellow lenses in my old halogens are going to be history with the addition of Fred's kit. The lits will fill in in the mean time.

What to do if the paint is failing on your clam shell Go see Woody! Give him a few bucks and he'll hand you a better clam shell which after a little polishing

Old 03-12-2017, 10:10 AM   #8
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
LOL, Sounds like a plan.
Maybe we can mob his place in conjunction with Boxtoberfest 2017?
https://www.facebook.com/boxstoberfest/?_fb_noscript=1

It gives him time to build facilities.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:15 PM   #9
"50 Years of 550 Spyder"

Woody is The Best!

I was lucky enough to get a tour when we drove to Boxtoberfest together.

550 SE #310---"It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow."
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:59 PM   #10
still plays with cars...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesp View Post
What to do if the paint is failing on your clam shell Go see Woody! Give him a few bucks and he'll hand you a better clam shell which after a little polishing

You're the boss...
On the kitchen counter yet!
And my wife complains when I keep an old transmission in the bathtub.

Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote