Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #41

Garage
I generally just don't drive it when it's raining, or has just rained/snowed, and the roads are nasty if I have recently washed it (which is pretty much always :P) I hate getting the car all nasty if I just washed it, but I wash it so much it probably doesn't matter. Thankfully I don't have to baby my VW, which is more of my DD, like I do the Boxster. The previous owner seemed to have taken pretty good care of the car- the only real imperfections on the paint are some chips on the hood and front bumper, as well as miscellaneous scratches throughout the car, only about 2 are somewhat noticeable unless you are thoroughly inspecting the paint (unfortunately, he must have tried to fix them with touch up paint, and didn't do the greatest of jobs).

Last edited by kylekimball; 02-10-2014 at 04:59 PM.
kylekimball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:07 AM   #42

Garage
If you don't have to worry about driving in the Snow, Ice, Slush or Salt, then I guess one could just concentrate on not driving in the RAIN
As said, it's not a collectors car it's a driving machine. The only issue I have in the rain is sometime water finds its way through the rubber split/fold by the side window. I carry a rag with me to deal with that.

Now I am a bit reluctant to drive in the rain if I had just washed and waxed.

This is the first winter I have an alternative car for dealing with less than ideal conditions

But If my box spends any more time in the garage covered up, I'm going to sell it.
If I can't drive it, What is the point !!!
Old 02-12-2014, 03:39 PM   #43

grocery

I take it to the store every chance I get.
You would too if you saw the long windy empty road that runs behind the plaza, only after 8pm. Look to the left of the amp. or battery in the frunk, that cavity is made for a gallon of milk (fits perfectly). Dont forget to take the long way to bring up to temp. because SHE hates short trips.

nicecar is offline   Reply With Quote