Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 12:32 PM   #1

OT: Role Model For What Not To Do

The Bieb' was arrested for street racing while drunk, high, and drugged:

BBC News - Justin Bieber on Miami drink-drive charge after 'road racing'

Honestly, drunk, high, drugged, or sober, no 19-yearold should be allowed to drive a car like that, both for the welfare of the public and for the sake of the car. You think he'd have learned something from Paul Walker's sad example.

/end rant

RaisedOnPorsches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
That guy is a complete douchebag and is in desperate need of a good beating
Old 01-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Couldn't agree more.
Swhitcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #4

I say deport him back to Canada...I still have no idea how someone like this becomes popular in the first place, but I'm also not a 12 year old girl. We have enough dipweeds in the US, let alone these kinds.

Maybe he should run for mayor of Toronto?
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:17 PM   #5

actually... going to the county clink in Miami is probably the best thing that will ever happen to him.

I may be a hypocrite for commenting on this story, but isn't there a war in Afghanistan?
Kooks plotting to blow up the winter Olympics? The beginning of stock market correction?

A prodigious douchebag doing as douchebags do is completely ordinary news.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
A prodigious douchebag doing as douchebags do is completely ordinary news.
Truth. I suppose I just find satisfaction in his misery. I believe ze germanz call it "schadenfreude."
Old 01-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #7
Damn Yankee

Garage
I think he's just trying to increase his street cred; trying to "earn" respect from the rapper thugs.

The kid's got everything any young man could possibly want. Maybe his irresponsibility could be cured with a short stay in the Pen. He'd certainly acquire a lot of "friends" quickly. FRESH FISH!!!!!

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
+1

A really good beat down.
rp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #9

Who cares ! I guess it's good because it gives the news media something new to talk about.
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedOnPorsches View Post
Truth. I suppose I just find satisfaction in his misery. I believe ze germanz call it "schadenfreude."
bad parenting. The minute the kid was on his own he basically showed that either he wasn't listening to a word is father taught him or the lessons never took place.
It's almost comical to see how predictable every single one of his decisions unfolded once he was given a large but finite amount of money. This kid will be singing at McDonalds soon.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
bad parenting. The minute the kid was on his own he basically showed that either he wasn't listening to a word is father taught him or the lessons never took place.
It's almost comical to see how predictable every single one of his decisions unfolded once he was given a large but finite amount of money. This kid will be singing at McDonalds soon.
This kid has had fame / fortune and everything positive and negative that goes with it to a degree unimaginable for most of us for quite awhile, to make such a sweeping statement such as yours is absurd.

Perfectlap, have you ever had kids? Gone through the teenage years where most kids (I've had Eagle Scouts, NHS students, Marion Award winners, Pure Sport Studs W/ Scholarships, etc.) test their parents to no end? Been lucky enough to survive those years into the early 20's where their head slowly comes out of their collective arses?

We have hundreds of friends and there is no accounting for some kids' and their behaviors. Justin B was a gonner (based on his popularity / money) about 2 years back, parenting had little to do with it.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #12
Damn Yankee

Garage
OK, I'm all for freedom of the press, but this "story" seems to have some definite negative "spin".

...was racing in a residential area................apartment buildings are along one side of the street and on the other side are a high school, a youth centre, a golf course and a fire station. Racing? He was allegedly doing 55-60 at 4:00 AM, with the road blocked off by members of his entourage.

...granted bail set at $2,500. Are you kidding? A $250 bail bond is valet tip money for this guy!

...had an invalid Georgia driver's licence. Oh yeah, that's where the $2500 bail came into play.

....thrown eggs at his neighbour's house....causing significant damage to the property. When I grew up, that was called Halloween Night.

...asked to remove graffiti he had left on the wall of a hotel in Australia. He's such a badass mofo! Ever heard of Keith Moon?

...charged in Brazil over a similar offence. Guess we're gonna have to extradite the little s**t.

Yeah maybe he's a punk wannabe gangsta, but basically he's harmless, and nothing will come of this.

Just sayin'...........

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:33 PM   #13

I think he is in a negative spiral and needs to be taught a lesson.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:43 PM   #14
I am my own mechanic....

Miley Cirus
Macaulay Culkin
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #15

He's 19. He's suppose to be a dumbaz.

Still had big hair and a model in is rented Lamborghini.
Have to say it was a good day.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #16
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Justin who? Dang guess I haven't been paying attention. I'll go back to my Led Zeppelin and driving my 981 thru the twisties.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOxford View Post
basically he's harmless
I do think the media is going way over the top with this one, but a teenager speeding in a supercar in a urban setting while on several judgement and reflex impairing substances isn't what I'd call 'harmless'.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:12 PM   #18

I cant get over how judgemental some people are. Hes a 19 year old kid. Maybe 20.
Getting hassled by the cops is a learning experience many of us have gone through.
He is actually rather tame compared to his rock counter parts but he is still younger than most.

I know not many of you will appreciate this, but for a kid he has a TREMENDOUS amount of pressure on him from the record company. He probably gets 20 calls a day just from them and spends hours on the phone with them telling him how he must sell "X" amount of cds, and sell this, and sell that, and say this and say that. He stands there and listens to them tell him how they spent 10M promoting his last CD and it just HAS to sell 10 million copies and on and on.....
That's A LOT of professional pressure for anyone, let alone a kid. Then his whole life is on TMZ.
Its a lot of crap to deal with and many celebrities, particularly those in the creative field are crushed by the pressure. Look at Michael Jackson. Absolutely crushed by the pressure of the industry. (Not making excuses for him, just sayin) A big part of Jacksons problems was that he was never able to eclipse the Thriller album, no matter how many times the record company told him he "just has to."

Last edited by evomind; 01-23-2014 at 08:15 PM.
evomind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:57 PM   #19

All his trouble could be removed in an instant DEPORT his troubled a$$ back to Canada.

I doubt the money makers off his fame would ever allow that, his accountant would marry him to keep him here.

Nothing any middle class rebelious teen wouldnt do..hes par for the course really.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:12 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedOnPorsches View Post
While I share your sentiments, unfortunately, Shadenfreude is what our entertainment industry has become. We are waiting for the next star to havve a tragedy and whole media live off reporting the fall.

2000 Boxster 2.7l red/black

Previous cars

1973 Opel Manta
1969(?) Fiat 850 Convertible
1979 Lancia Beta Coupe
1981 Alfa Romeo GTV 6
1985 Alfa Romeo Graduate
1985 Porsche 944
1989 Porsche 944
1981 Triumph TR7
1989 (?) Alfa Romeo Milano
1993 Saab 9000