Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 05:11 PM   #1

I'm a wiring my new radio the right way?

Hello All
I have a 2000 Boxster S with the front amp, 2 dash speakers and 2 door speakers. So originaly, no wire on the Brown B connector. Only the yellow C connector. From my understanding, the door speaker (label rear on the yellow C connector) are in fact some kind of subwoofer. Later I had the rear shelf speaker using the B connector rear pinout.

My qestion is, does the rear pin out of B connector the same signal as the rear pin out of C connector. The only difference being that the C connector send the signal to the amp to boost it?

How should I wire my new system. take the radio signal of front and rear speaker to connector C to be amplified. And connect the radio subwoofer signal to the door speaker (kind of subwoofer)

thanks
Chris

wawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:46 PM   #2

rereading myself, I'm not sure I understand what I wrote lol!

I think I would like to know what is the difference between B connector and C connector output. Becker manual says:

Socket B:
loud speaker rear right +
loud speaker rear right -
loud speaker rear left +
etc...

Socket C:
lineout rear left
lineout rear right
AF earth
line out front left
etc ...

thanks
Chris
Old 01-15-2014, 05:50 PM   #3

Pelican Technical Article: Changing Your Boxster Stereo Head Unit / Installing Boxster Ipod Integration - 986 / 987
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #4

yea I have the book open in front of me, but it doesnt explain the difference in the output of connector B and C

Later
Chris
Old 01-15-2014, 07:23 PM   #5

The line level output is on the yellow connector, which goes to the amp. There are no speaker level wires from the radio area part of the wiring harness.

dghii is offline   Reply With Quote