Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #1

Mileage not an issue

I just have to say that the biggest difference I have noticed between my 02 boxster and the other cars I have owned is usage. Used to be that I was always worried about how many miles I put on my car each year and if it affected resale value. I've owned my boxster for a little over a year and don't really think at all about how many miles I'm putting on it, I simply drive it as much as I like and do maintainance when needed. I enjoy driving it so much I plan on keeping it indefinitely. I'm glad the boxster has changed my mind about what a good car is truly meant to do. I hope to report back many years from now with 3,4,5,00000 miles-drive on!

oc-boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #2

I bought my car with 130k miles. How many does yours have?
Old 10-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #3

Just turned 93,000 so hopefully just getting started.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc-boxster View Post
I just have to say that the biggest difference I have noticed between my 02 boxster and the other cars I have owned is usage. Used to be that I was always worried about how many miles I put on my car each year and if it affected resale value. I've owned my boxster for a little over a year and don't really think at all about how many miles I'm putting on it, I simply drive it as much as I like and do maintainance when needed. I enjoy driving it so much I plan on keeping it indefinitely. I'm glad the boxster has changed my mind about what a good car is truly meant to do. I hope to report back many years from now with 3,4,5,00000 miles-drive on!
Sounds like love is in the air! I'm not too worried about mileage but I baby it. No rain, dirt etc. I want it in perfect condition- the way a car this fine should be!
Old 10-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #5

I too baby mine to an extent-my number one priority is to keep it out of the sun, rain, elements in general, lots of California car dusting and quick detailer spray..